"A life for a fucking life, Al Pacino, 1989."

"You're a fucking idiot, Franco. It was Don Alejo."

~~~

"You said you saw him where?" Tobias asked, looking at Luca who fidgeted in his seat. He glanced over to Alvaro who for some reason had been sporting red eyes since the meeting.

It was obvious he was high.

"At a club in Dubai. He was about to get into his car when I saw him." He answered, quietly.

"And that was a week ago?" He asked again and Lucado nodded. The boy had been on the other side of the world less than 7 days ago and even he did not know.

He wondered what other things had happened in the family that he did not know about.

"So you're telling me—" Alvaro started in a purring tone. Definitely high. He readjusted himself on the window sill, making Tobias roll his eyes.

There were at least vacant seats.

"-that this bastard-" Luca flinched at the term. "-was in Dubai last week while he was supposed to be studying in London?" Varo frowned as he got no reply and flexed his fingers, no doubt imagining them being wrapped around Luca's neck.

"That's the least of our worries, Alvaro. What's important is why they had to transport a decaying corpse across the world to send a message."

The note that had been kept in Anthony's mind had been giving him a headache.

"Like I wouldn't snap Giovanni's neck either way." He mumbled the last part.

The letter had warned him to give up Giovanni or he would face the consequences.

Tobias could not care any less.

"Did you not notice anything else? Like what he was doing?" He probed and Luca shook his head.

He was glad that he felt nothing but annoyance and all feelings of anger had dissipated.

He had no idea what was going on in Alvaro's mind though. He never knew what the lawyer was thinking.

"How can you follow him for three days straight and not know what he was up to?!" Alvaro snapped and the boy blanched.

"Calm down, Alvaro." Olegario merely mentioned from the far corner of the room. Tobias had almost forgot about him.

Apparently, Luca was just confessing everything to the doctor when Alvaro had barged in, attempting to murder him.

"Shut the fuck up, Lombardi." He snapped back making Tobias sigh.

He too was unhappy and aside from the activities between him and Eniola a few hours ago, he would have been livid.

"Okay, let's all calm down." He spoke up again, obviously tired from all the useless meetings. "After all this, we'll have the council decide whatever will happen to Luca. I refuse to cast my judgement." He said, gesturing at Luca to leave.

Tobias had blatantly ignored the law that required him to end Luca's life and he could see that no matter how quiet Alvaro was, he was the most displeased.

"What the fuck do you mean by 'no'?" Alvaro yelled at him in frustration.

He was not going to hurt Luca any more than he already did. He forced himself to believe what the boy had done was just out of ignorance and childish stupidity.

"No as in I am not going to judge Luca's case." He answered easily making Alvaro loudly scoff.

"Is it because you're his godfather or because of Felicio?" Rebecca asked quietly as she sat in the chair.