CHAPTER 13 - Line of Hypocrisy

Start from the beginning

      I handed over the food from the convenience store one by one.

“Ah. Really? Can I?”

“This time is free. But next time, you should pay for it.”

“Huh? H-How much…?”

“Don’t you all have coins? It is 10 coins for one.”

“T-That…”

     Confusion filled the faces of Yoo Sangah and Lee Hyunsung. They looked like they hadn’t expected my words.

“Of course. I will pay right now. I don’t need freebies.”

     Surprisingly, the one who spoke was the woman who had been lying on the bench. She had regained consciousness.

“I am Jung Heewon. Thank you for your help this morning.”

“It is nothing.”

      I thought it was just a cute mask but I could see that it was a prejudice.

     Starting from Jung Heewon, Yoo Sangah and Lee Hyunsung paid 10 coins in exchange for food. It was fortunate that their resistance wasn’t bigger than what I thought.

      I didn’t do this in order to get a few coins. At first, this judgment might seem harsh but people would soon realize this choice was right.

[’Lee Gilyoung’ has paid you 20 coins.]

“Huh? You gave me more than 10 coins?”

“It is the price for the chocolate bar during the day.”

     Lee Gilyoung’s expression while speaking was quite good. Maybe the fastest to adapt to a new world wasn’t an adult but a child. It was easier for children to break common sense.

“Will Dokja-ssi keep staying with us?”

“Ah, that…”

“Dokja-ssi.”

      It wasn’t Lee Hyunsung who called out to me. I looked back and saw Cheon Inho from the mainstream group. Yes, I thought he would be back soon.

“Can I talk with you for a while?”

“Okay, let’s talk.”

      I nodded and Cheon Inho spoke with a satisfied expression.

“Then can the rest of you vacate this place for a moment? I want to talk to Dokja-ssi alone.”

“Ah, that…”

“No, you don’t have to go. You can listen.”

      Cheon Inho’s eyes twitched at my words. Lee Hyunsung stopped as he was about to retreat.

“Hmmm, is that so? Well…I don’t care.”

    He acted like they were free to listen. Cheon Inho wiped the bench and sat down. Men from the Cheoldoo Group appeared on both sides of him and handed him a cigarette and lighter. He had seen too many movies.

“You seem to have a nature that dislikes cumbersome things, so I will get to the point.”

“Yes.”

“Join our group.”

It was an expected offer.

“I can offer Dokja-ssi a high position in our group. I want to lead the group together with you.”

“Why me?”

“Shouldn’t you know why?”

     Cheon Inho glanced towards the injured Cheoldoo Group members.