Chapter 1

192 Chapter 1: Replacement
I don't own Fairy Tail

Song of the Chapter: Another Me, The Cab & My Happy Ending, Avril Lavigne

A/N: this is my first fan fiction, please give it a chance! The first few chapters may be a little dark but I promise things will get better! Sorry if any characters are a little OOC. It's all apart of the story. I don't own Fairy Tail or anything you recognize as not mine. So without further ado...

Chapter 1: Replacement

Lucy POV

I woke up groggily, yawning as I wiped the sleep out of my eyes. Stretching my arms out, I sat up pulling my blanket off of me. Traces of sleep still there I summoned Plue to keep my company.

My eyes were slightly sunken, from the lack of sleep. I need to take a shower and put on some makeup. I had looked really sad lately and had been covering it up.

"Pun, punnn," he called shivering all over. I smiled at his cuteness. He started to dance adorably, any girl would swoon. Smiling softly, I stripped down and headed to the bathroom. Turning the water on warm I dipped one foot into the tub, since the tub was warm I lowered myself slowly in.

Plue made himself comfortable as he balanced on the rim of the tub. I added soap and scrubbed myself down, thinking while doing it. It had been two months since Lisanna came back. I tried to be happy but my team hadn't noticed me since. I did everything alone- missions, eating, and they never even broke into my house for those months. Breaking out of my train of thought I started to scrub my worries away. Smelling of strawberries and vanilla I submerged under the warm, soapy bath water.

I worried myself sometimes, I often thought about the point in life... My mother always told me, "Surround yourself with people you love. That is when you will be truly happy." Thinking about it now I realized I really wasn't happy. Popping my head out of water I rinsed off the excess soap and drained the tub.

So lost in thought I forgot Plue was still out. I sent him back to the spirit world and he disappeared in a golden flash.

I climbed out; instead of feeling better after the bath I felt a deep sinking feeling in my stomach. Toweling off quickly I put on some khaki short shorts and a royal purple t shirt. I finished the look by putting on my signature key belt and tying a ribbon in my hair in the usual style. I headed out the door with my money in hand, I decided that I would go to the local magic shop before going to the guild.

Walking down the street I was left alone with my thoughts again. That's how I felt now, alone. I had to do something today! I would not be ignored any longer. Today I am going to get Natsu to go on a mission with me! Yes, that is what I'm going to do. As I made my mind up I neared the magic shop.

I balanced on the edge of the canal, "hey girly! Watch your step," they called out.

I waved them off, "I'm fine, I'll be careful." I continued to the shop. As familiar faces passed by, I kept on the smiling Lucy face that I had worn since Edolas. I hadn't actually been happy for awhile now. I kept the face on so I wouldn't worry the ones I loved. The ones I loved. It almost seemed like a sick joke now.

Nobody cared about me the way I cared about them. That became obvious these past two months. The only people that talked to me were Gajeel, Wendy, Juvia, Lily, and Carla. They were the people who joined when Lisanna was gone. All the people I thought would be my friends forever were not the case.

The more time I had alone these last months, the more I came to realize that I cared for Natsu as more than a friend. It was hard not to fall for him, he was strong and loyal. He used to be my best friend and his boyish grin made my stomach flutter uncontrollably. Now he didn't even know I existed, damn, I am a lovesick fool.