chapter eight

read author's note at the end.

the countess alcina was also once a mortal who wasn't even allowed to go out of her father's cabin.

"alcina? alcina!" a girl knocked on the window, near where a young alcina dimitrescu sat. "alcina!" another knock.

alcina looked up, "(name), what are you doing?" she went near the window, "it's snowing, you'll get sick." she scolded the girl on the other side of the window, "how are you?" (name) grinned, looking out alcina with loving eyes.

"well.. you know, still inside here, feeling shit, like always." alcina sighed.

"oh come on! cheer up alcina, your birthday is a few days from now!"

"yeah, well it's not like my father will let you inside.." alcina scoffed, earning a chuckle from (name), "we can celebrate it right here." (name) tapped on the wood, "you know what, i'll sing for you right now, happy birthd-" "please don't." "you just hate that song so much huh?" the girl laughed, "oh, damn it's getting cold.."

"go back home (name), i don't want you to catch a cold or any other sickness." alcina shot her a please-listen-to-me look, "aw, alright then, i'll be on my merry way. i'll see you again, happy birthday to you." the girl smiled, "wait for me alright? i'll visit again!" 

the girl shouted, walking away from the cabin, alcina watched her through the window. "yeah… see you." she said, pressing her lips into a thin line. 

(name)'s day was going great, she woke up feeling good, the weather was not that bad and now she's getting ready to visit alcina.

(her house was just a 10 minute walk away from where alcina was living.)

the girl wore a smile on her face as she brought her gift with her. saying goodbye to her parents, she walked out of the house and started making her way to her beloved's home.

taking a deep breath, she walked up to the window and knocked on it, "alcina?" she waited patiently for alcina to stand up and walk up near the window, "alcina?" she knocked again. 

no answer.

she peeked inside the window, but it was dark inside, not even a single candle lit. (name) was starting to feel worried. she decided to knock on the door, "alcina? are you home?" 

still no answer.

"are you asleep?" she knocked again, "well if not.. and if uh.. if you're listening, i'll leave this here, it's a gift i knitted for you." she put the knitted doll beside the door, making it look like it was sitting. "happy birthday alcina." she said before walking away, snow is now falling rapidly.

"didn't you hear? alcina and her father moved out of here a few days ago.." 

"what?"

her mother's words shocked her, "h-how come i didn't know this?" she shot up from your seat, she was just eating dinner. "i.. i thought you already knew.. since you and her talk pretty often." 

(name) looked down, "i'm sorry, please excuse me." she excused herself as she went out and headed for alcina's cabin. 

(name) didn't care if it was cold outside, she ran as fast as she could.

"alcina? hey! please tell me you're in there.." (name) hoped she was, though you still didn't get any response. "i'm coming in.." she hesitated to open the door, but did it after taking a deep breath.