Chapter 16: Invitation

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled out trying to snatch the note out of Alec's hand. Alec moved the note away from me.

"Nope, you ain't getting this. What the hell do you think your doing hiding this behind my back!? This is about my sisters death!!" Alec yelled out and I scoffed.

"Don't act all innocent, Alec. Now give me the note!" I yelled out jumping to get the note. Unfortunately he's taller than me.

"How about... no" Alec said chuckling. I did something to him that I will never regret. I slapped him. This asshole isn't my uncle. He's just a physco. When I slapped him, he dropped the note. I quickly bent down to pick it up, and he kicked me. I groaned in pain.

He bent down and whispered, "You better watch out Davina. I'm not that innocent" Alec said smirking and walking out of my room.

I was in pain. He kicked me hard on my stomach. I kept limping down the stairs. Nathan asked if I was okay and I just shrugged and muttered a 'yes'.

I was sitting down on a couch in the lobby, and Matteo comes rushing in with Nora.

"Hey girl!" Nora said hugging me. I winced in pain and muttered a hey.

"Girl.. you look pale. Are you alright?" Nora said cupping my cheek and forehead to see if I was warm. Matteo went up to me and kissed me. I felt safe right there and then.

"Are you alright, love? You don't seem okay..." Matteo said caressing my cheek.

"She doesn't have a fever..." Nora said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Im fine guys! Gosh!" I yelled out. I turned the other way to walk to my room but I kept limping and placing my hand on my stomach.

"Your not pregnant... are you?" Nora asked looking at me then Matteo. Matteo glared at Nora and ran up to me.

"Lift your shirt up darling" Matteo said grabbing my shirt. I shook my head.

"Now" he demanded and I still shook my head. He was much stronger, so he lift up my shirt. There was a huge bruise forming on my stomach.

"Who the fuck did this to you?" Matteo yelled out angrily.

"N-no one..." I stuttered. Matteo rolled his eyes.

"Tell me now..." Matteo said looking deeply into my eyes glaring at me. Nora looked at me shocked and so did Nathan.

"It was Alec! Okay!? Now leave me alone!" I screamed out, walking out of the lobby.

I was outside getting some fresh air. A few minutes later, I hear the doors open and I look to see Nathan with a wet warm towel.

He placed gently on my stomach. "Hey.. I'm sorry about what happened to you... I didn't Alec would be such an ass"

I scoffed and nodded. "He is. He abuses me"

"Abuses you?! Why didn't you tell us before?" Nathan yelled out shocked.

"Not physically... mentally" I said looking down.

Nathan sighed and said, "Well, today it looked like he abused you physically"

I nodded and right when Nathan was about to say something, we heard a loud shriek. Nora's shriek.

We both run in to see Matteo throwing punches at Alec. I push Matteo off and his fists were all bloody. I look down to see Alec's face is all bloody.

Aria runs down and sees her dads bloody face. She shrieked as well. "Dad!" She yelled out, helping him stand up. "What the hell happened!?" She yelled out.

"Your father is an ass, that's what happened" Matteo said through gritted teeth. I grabbed his hand and dragged him upstairs. I brought him to my bathroom and now he's sitting on the counter with me pressing a warm cloth on his fists.

Matteo moved his head back and groaned in pain. "This will hurt" I said and pressed some ointment on his fist. He winced in pain.

"Why did you do that?" I said, now wrapping his hand with a bandage wrap.

"Nobody messes with my girl. No one touches you, you're mine" he said smirking.

I shook my head and smile. "All done" I said and he smiles. He presses his lips on mine and said, "thanks amour"

I nodded and put the med kit away. Matteo pulled out a card and handed it to me. I look at him in confusion and open the card.

"What's this?" I asked pulling out the piece of paper.

"Just read it." He said opening the paper for me.

I opened it and it was an... invitation? "An invitation?" I said.

Matteo nodded. "It's an invitation to my house. We are having an event. I will love for you to come.."

"Matteo... I would love to go but you know your parents don't like me and-" Matteo cut me off.

"Davina... your my girlfriend and I really want you to come. Please... I'm sure they don't hate you. My parents are nice when you really get to know them" Matteo said grabbing my hand. I pulled my hand away slowly.

"Matteo... I'm sorry but I can't.." I said looking away from him. Matteo sighed.

"Davina, my parents don't hate you. My parents didn't kill your mother" Matteo said starting to get annoyed.

"How do you know? You don't even know!" I said placing the invitation on the counter.

"Then don't go for all I care" Matteo said walking out of my bathroom.

"What's your problem? Matteo... I can't go because-"

"Of my parents... damn it Davina! When you invite me to places or parties you know that I would go even if your father doesn't like me!" Matteo said twisting the door knob about to get out of my room. I know he is right.

He got out of my room and I groaned. Tears starts to form in my eyes. My lips quivered and next thing I know, I break down. We got into our first argument... in a relationship.

I walk downstairs. I leave the lobby to get some fresh air because I needed it. I see Nathan's car. It is on, so I decided to go see him because I really need to talk to someone. Nora is home so I can't talk to her.

I walk up to his car and look in the window to see.... Oh.... My.... Lord.... Nora was inside with Nathan... making out.

They noticed me, and turned beet red and I did too because it's embarrassing and awkward. I just run off and I hear the car door open to reveal Nora running after me.

"Wait Davina!!" Nora yelled out and she finally stopped running after me. I ran because of the awkwardness. I just sighed and walked up my room. My stomach hurt even more from running.

I just want to sleep.

I walk into the bathroom to use it and I see the invitation on the counter. I picked it up. Should I go?