Chapter 14: The dream

I woke up this morning a little shitty and gross. I stayed up late at the hospital last night with my father. I got up to take a shower.

I got out of the shower, and I got dressed. I went downstairs to find... Aria.

"Hey.." I said breaking into a kind smile. I was surprised to see that she also broke into a kind smile.  Weird...

"Hey.." she said back.

"How are you feeling? I haven't seen you get out of your room in a while" I said sitting beside her on the couch.

Aria shrugged and looked away from me. "I don't know... I still feel hurt and.. I just miss her." I nodded understanding about how she is feeling.

"Like who would kill her?! Who did this!? She's such a warm hearted person" Aria said tears slipping down her cheeks.

I put my hand on her shoulder supportively. She looked at me in shock.

"Yeah, and whoever killed your mother is a cold hearted person. She was a kind lady... and it wasn't her time. I miss my mother too" I said smiling at Aria.

"How did she die?" Aria asked tilting her head to the side in concern.

My smile faded and I looked away. "Well... I was only 8. I didn't really know what EXACTLY happened but... yeah she got killed. When I saw your mother laying in her pool of blood, memories came flooding back to me"

Aria nodded. "I'm sorry..." Aria said wiping the tears falling out of her eyes. I shook my head and smiled.

"No it's fine" I said getting up. I heard footsteps approaching me and I see Matteo. I smile brightly and jumped into his arms.

"Hey amour, what's up?" He said kissing my lips.

"Not much, just talking to Aria" I said kissing him back, caressing his cheek.

"Hey.." Matteo waved at Aria. Aria shyly waved back and put her head down. I could tell she was feeling awkward and I don't blame her I would too.

"Oh here" Matteo said handing me a bag. I look at him and raised my eyebrow.

"What's this?" I said opening the bag.

"Candy. Chocolates. Snack and stuff" I smiled and pulled out chocolate truffles. I moaned at how good this was.

"Thanks handsome" I said kissing him cheek. He kissed my forehead and hugged me from behind.

"Hey! You must be the boy Davina has been sneaking out with" Alec said walking into the lobby.

I rolled my eyes and took another bite of my truffle. "Uh.. hey. Yeah she's my girlfriend"

"Really?! Wow! Not surprised at all.. well maybe a little because my daughter had a little crush on you and I still think she does!" Alec said placing his hand on Aria.

"Dad!" Aria yelled out, blushing. I clenched my fists. I wasn't jealous, I was just pissed at Alec. He was doing this on purpose.

"What!? Just the truth!" Alec said putting his hands up.

"Okay I better get going! Aria, hunny we are going out to dinner!" Alec said grabbed his daughters hand.

"Goodbye lovebirds" Alec said walking out of the hotel and Aria looked back to get one more glimpse at us and waved.

We waved back. "Isn't it strange how he is all happy after his wife's death?"

I nodded and faced him. He was know hugging me at the front. "Yeah... it is strange"

"Hey.. tomorrow wanna go out?" I said caressing his cheek. Matteo's eyes widened.

"What?" I said confused. Did I do something wrong?

"Wow.. the lady is asking me out. So, you going to pick me up?" He said jokingly.

"Sure" I said. He laughed and I laughed back. His laugh was adorable it was contagious.

"Okay, sounds like a date" he said pecking my lips. I nodded and kissed him passionately. We pulled away for air.

"Okay, I wish I could stay here all day with you gorgeous, but my sister wants to go out with me. She says she needs a ride to the hair salon because her car broke down" he said rolling his eyes. I laughed and he kissed my forehead.

"Alright, love you and tell Nora I said hi!" I said blowing him a kiss. He winked at me and walked out. I sighed and walked up to my room.

I was so exhausted from this long day. I groaned and flipped on my bed. My eyelids felt heavy. I got dressed into comfier clothes and went under the covers. I then fell into a heavy sleep.

I woke up. I feel ... weird. Like all sorts of weird. I feel like something bad is going to happen. I don't feel the euphoria I feel when I usually wake up.

I then hear humming like someone humming to a tune of a song. This anonymous voice sounds so familiar. There voice was like an angel. It was a voice of a lady.

"Davina.." the voice spoke. I gasped and looked around the room. The voice was echoing.

"Who's speaking?" I said getting scared. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see this lady. She looks familiar.

"Who are you?" I said getting really scared. I felt so scared.

"Davina... I'm your mother" the lady spoke. It was my mother? I don't remember what my mom looked like because I was 8 when she died and my dad never showed me pictures of her.

"You may not remember me.. but I'm your mother" she said approaching me but I put my hand up to stop her from moving closer to me.

"No your not.." I yelled out but she stayed calm.

The lady then started choking. She coughed up something, she coughed up... blood.

"Davina... t-the note.... my b-brother.." she managed to choke out and she faded away. I then saw the walls closing in. I was beyond terrified. Right when the walls was about to close in on me I....

I shot up awake. Sweat beaded at my hairline and I was panting. I quickly got out of bed. I tried catching my breath.

What was that dream? Was it actually my mom? No..
It's probably my brain playing tricks on me. I need a shower.

I went to the bathroom to wash off all the sweat. Maybe that dream was the key to finding out who was the killer or.... Maybe my mother is the key.