TWO

Lyanna was distracted.

Ever since she met the lord, Niklaus, it was as if every breath she drew was in his presence. He had sent a whole barrel of gold to her father so he could court her but even that her father refused and sent back; her father only cared about what she wanted.

It left Niklaus to seek her attention in secret meetings like when she went to the market or when she was outside without her father. Currently, she was outside hanging clothes and Niklaus was determined to fill her life with his presence.

"You'd never have to do this with me," Niklaus assured as he spoke from behind her before she felt his breath on her neck as he whispered. "You'd want for nothing."

She froze in the middle of folding as she still felt his breath that caused goosebumps to form. The nearness of him did something strange to her. She was used to turning lords away but for some reason, she could not bare the thought of ever asking him to leave.

Lyanna turned around slowly to find him so close, there was hardly a foot between them. She looked up into those beautiful dark, blue stormy eyes as she uttered quietly with a small, teasing smile, "Want for nothing? So I suppose I won't want you, either?"

"I plan to be the only thing you want, love," he smirked a bit.

She began to smile wider and he reached out to caress her cheek. His thumb traced her smile and she lost the ability to breathe.

"Careful," she warned. "That's a very tall order."

"Lets not be careful then," he argued as he leaned towards her.

To be careless. His words and his encroaching lips excited her. She liked being rebellious and having these secret meetings before they were eventually ruined.

"Get away from my daughter!" she heard her father shout.

Niklaus pulled away and huffed. She began to smile because he pouted like a child that had their favorite toy stolen away. It was one of the reasons she still didn't let him court her because it was fun to watch him sulk.

He quickly grabbed her hand like he'd always done and he brought it to his lips. When he let her hand go, she felt the presence of paper and she knew exactly what it was. It caused her to smile before he left so he didn't get berated by her father.

It was another drawing.

He gave her one each time they parted. It had been weeks since she first met him and she had more than a handful. This time, he drew her in a field of flowers.

_____

               Later that evening as she sat with her papa for supper, she hardly ate. Her stomach was in knots as all she could think about was Niklaus. She felt ill but it wasn't the kind of illness she ever wanted to leave.

              She was lovesick.

              Her father looked at her strangely, "Why aren't you eating?"

              "I do not know," she answered quietly but she looked at him curiously. "Papa, what was it like with mother?"

               Her father paused before he gained a small smile, "Your mother...it was like seeing an angel for the first time. I spent a whole year trying to get her to marry me until one day she said yes and that was that. I couldn't have been more blessed in life..."