Chapter 3

After the whole thing at dinner happened Issy, Christina, Tris, Al and will all walked to where they would be sleeping for the next 10 weeks.

Issy couldn't help but let her mind wander to her parents if they were okay?

Is Crystal okay?

She didn't let her mind go too far and let sleep take over her.

The next thing she knew there was a loud clanging noise, the lights were turned on and she jolted awake, to see who was making all the noise.

It was four. Banging a metal pole against the railing.

She and everyone else were sitting up, that's when four spoke up.

"I want everyone in the pit, two minutes," he says walking back up the stairs.

All the transfers started getting changed and all made their way to the pit within the two-minute timer.

"There are two stages of training, the first is physical, push your bodies to the breaking point and master the methods of combat. The second is mental, again breaking point, you'll face your worst fears and conquer them unless they get you first. You'll be trained separately from the dauntless born." he points to the group of dauntless born all sat down chatting with each other.

"But you'll be ranked together, after initiation rankings will determine what jobs you move into, leadership, guarding the fence, or keeping the faction-less from killing each other." he looks Christina up and down.

"Rankings will also determine who gets get." this time it's Eric who speaks up.

Issy and Tris turn to look at Christina.

"Cut?" She asks.

Eric is now walking toward the group.

"After each stage of training, the lowest ranking initiates will be leaving us."

"To do what?" Al asks.

"Well there's no going home to your family's, so you'd be faction-less."

Oh shit.

"Um, why didn't we know that?" Will asks.

"It's a new rule."

"A new rule somebody should've told us that." Christina pipes us.

"Why?  Would you have chosen differently?" Eric cuts her off before she can say anything else.

"Out of fear?" He raises a brow.

"I mean if that's the case you might as well get out now" he continues.

Issy thought four was harsh, but Eric, Eric is on a different level.

"If you are one of us, it won't matter to you that you might fail." He pauses.

"You chose us, now we get to choose you" he finishes.

All the dauntless born are sprinting around the whole compound.

While the transfers are watching four fights.

The dauntless guy who four is fighting attempts to punch him, but four quickly dodges it, throwing a jab to the throat in the process.

The dauntless male stumbles back into Issy and Tris.

The dauntless male quickly recovers and tries to throw another jab at four, four being four dodges it and flips the guy onto his back.

"You'll be working with guns today, I want everybody on the roof, now." Four tell the group.