Chapter 23: The Clues

Chaeyoung locked herself in her room as Taehyung and Junkyu left the apartment to go to get some ice cream. She had excused herself, saying she was tired, but that couldn't be more further than the truth.

She pulled out the yellow file that was hidden in her bag before reading its content again. "It's all the same... but our names," she muttered as she flipped the pages. She read the documents carefully and that's when she noticed a folded paper kept safely at the back of the file.

She took the paper and unfolded it and she was utterly confused. There were unfamiliar names written on that paper... and apparently, they're related. "Park Chanyeol is my brother?" she uttered as she scanned the page. "Mason Park... my father? Who are these people? I don't remember them," she frowned. This was giving her a massive headache.

Searching through her memories, she tried to remember anyone with the names written there but in vain. She was clueless about who they could be. And as far as she's concerned, her only family is her brother and his name is definitely not Park Chanyeol.

"Who could it be-"

"Chaeyoung?" a series of knocks were heard at her door. Taehyung's back. She quickly closed the files and hid them under her blanket. "Coming," she said and opened the door. "We got the ice cream. Want to have some?" he asked. She nodded. "Yeah... I'll be there,"

Chaeyoung thought taking some sugar would be a good way to take her mind off the file. "Are you okay? You don't look so good," Taehyung asked as he scooped a small ice cream for Junkyu. "Yeah, I'm good. Just a little tired," she forced a smile.

"You've been exhausted lately. Do you need to see the doctor?" he asked, raising a brow. "What?" she asked, flustered. "You never know, Chae," he chuckled and returned to the table with three bowls of ice cream.

Chae... it was the first time he had called her like that. The first time he isn't calling her by her full name. Her cheeks were flushed as she avoided eye contact with him. "I'm not pregnant," she said in a soft voice. The man just smiled and caressed her red cheek. "I kind of wish you were," he muttered softly to himself.

"What are you talking about? Don't leave me out!" Junkyu whined. "It's nothing. I'm just asking your noona if she has a baby in her belly," Taehyung said with a straight face. "Taehyung!" Chaeyoung said in shock. "What? I just answered his question," he smirked seeing her embarrassed face.

"Do you?" the little boy asked this time. "No!" she immediately denied. "Let's just eat the ice cream," she said, grabbing her spoon and quickly indulging herself in the dessert. Taehyung couldn't help but grin at her. "She looks better now," he thought to himself.

The bowls were empty in a few minutes, considering that they were all craving for the treat. "Junkyu... finish up your schoolwork," his uncle said. "But I've done all of them," he said. "Then recheck your work," Taehyung replied. "But... fine," he pouted and left to the study room.

"Why are you so harsh on him? He's just si-"

Chaeyoung didn't manage to finish her sentence when her mouth was attacked by his mouth. "This is why," he whispered and continued to kiss her. She tasted like strawberry this time and he loves it. He knotted his fingers into her hair and pulled her closer. She sighed into the kiss and rested her hands on his chest before making her way towards his nape.

He pulled her towards him to straddle his lap on the chair. "You look upset. Let me cheer you up, Chae," he said in between the kiss, his hands now underneath her shirt, massaging her breasts. She shivered under his touch and the nickname he had called her.

"No... Junkyu's still here," she said through ragged breathing. "He's in the study. He won't know," he said as he pulled back. "Please?" he looked into her eyes. Just as she was about to give in, they heard the door open and little footsteps approaching them.