Chapter Ten

I sip my morning coffee as I read through the newspaper. I personally think the newspaper is better than the news on the tv or radio. On paper there is more details.

My eyes quickly read the newest articles but stop when I see professor Sullivans name. I take a deep breath as I continue to read.

~
Recently a professor from Roseville college was found dead in a storage closet. David Sullivan was found stabbed to death by multiple stab wounds in the chest and stomach. Citizen's all agreed the Ghostface killer was the one who committed the horrific crime, but to the Roseville police, that's not the case. A student of Sullivan has been suspected of either being an accomplice to the killer or simply being the murderer. Fellow classmates of this student have said that they were the last to be seen with their professor.

In an interview with this student, they stated their professor would try commit inappropriate acts with them and the student left immediately. In another interview with another professor from the college, they stated they saw the student walk out of Sullivans classroom. Sullivan was still alive when they walked by his classroom.

Is it possible the Roseville police are possibly just reaching for anything considering they can't catch the serial killer terrorizing their town? Could just anyone become a suspect now?

Published: **\**\****
By: Jed Olsen
~

I can't help but smile. He stood up for me and made the police look like complete idiots, which he's not wrong. I look at the ripped piece of paper on the table. Jed's phone number.

I should thank him. I dial his number and let it ring. He doesn't take too long to pick up.

"Hello?" Jed's voice comes through on the other end.

"Hi, Jed"

"(y/n), what a surprise"

"I saw your newest work..." I start, "I just want to say thank you. I was really stressing over this and the whole phone call thing. This really helps me out a lot"

"It's no biggie. Just thought I should let the people of this town know how much of an airhead police force they have"

I giggle and twirl my (h/c) hair between my fingers. I lean against the counter as I press the phone closer to my ear.

"Your right about that" I chuckle, "I mean...This psycho has been on the loose for how long now? It's just another lunatic in a mask right? He's got to make a mistake someday"

Jed doesn't say anything and I slowly stop my laughter. Did I say something wrong?

"...Jed?" I ask after a moment.

"Sorry. My mind went blank" He says, only his tone is flat.

"Oh...well, anyways. Thanks again for sticking up for me" I smile, "Your a good man"

"Like I said before, no problem Miss (y/n)"

I sigh playfully, "Again with the miss?"

"You prefer something else, dear?"

"Please...you make me sound old"

"Say...are you busy today?" Jed asks. I think for a moment. I had a think with mom today but it can wait for another day.

"No. Why?"

"Would you like to meet up? I need a few pictures of you for a project of mine...if that's okay with you"

"Sure! What time and where?"

"I'll meet you at the park at one, near the benches that face the lake"