Chapter Two

Ding

I don't dare move. How did he get in? I locked the door and the cafe was dead silent an hour ago.

The painful feeling of my hair being pulled snaps me from my thoughts as I'm forcefully dragged up. He slams me down on the counter and I'm in full view of him now.

A tall man hovering over me, knife gripped tightly in hand. He's wearing a black robe with a ghostface mask. He bring the knife up, getting ready to plow it into my throat.

I scream as he swings down and I move my head. The knife hits the counter hard right next to my head.

I try to get up but he still has my hair in his grip. He slams me back down and drags me across the counter. I forcefully get pulled off the counter onto his side and I fall head first on the hard ground.

I close my eyes tightly as my head hits the floor, my body in an uncomfortable position. Ghostface grabs my legs and pulls my body towards him so that I'm facing him now and not the counter.

"No!" I scream and try kick him. I kick wildly as he backs up and holds his knife steadily. My eyes widen as he stabs my left leg. The blades deep into my shin. I scream in agony as he pulls the knife out.

"Play nice" He coos, still using the voice changer.

"Stop" I whimper, "The police will be here any minute!"

Ghostface says nothing as he walks around the counter and picks up my phone. I can barely hear as the operator is asking if I'm okay and still there in frantic. Ghostface hangs up abruptly. I take this chance to try crawl towards the door.

I hear his heavy footsteps walks back to me. I try crawl faster but the feeling of his foot on my leg stops me immediately. He presses down harder onto my bloody left shin. I cry out in pain as he steps on me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks. I breath heavily, trying to control my breathing. Shit! What do I do?!

"What do you want?!" I ask again. He gets off my leg and bends down to me on my knee. He swiftly lifts my chin up so I look at him directly.

"You" is all he says as he pulls out his polaroid. He's still holding my head up to him and he snaps a quick picture. It slowly comes out and he takes his hand away from me. My head falls back down.

Ghostface flaps the photo for a few seconds before he makes a satisfying humming noise.

"Look how pretty you look right now" He hums as he shows me the photo. My hair is an absolute mess and I have tear stains down my face. My face expression shows nothing but absolute fear. I look awful.

Sirens approach as ghostface looks towards the door. I take this chance to channel my energy into defending myself. I push myself up and lunge at him. He quickly turns back to me and lands harshly on his back. Before I can do anything, he easily flips me on my back and gets on top me.

"Sneaky, sneaky" He taunts before bring his fist up, "until next time, (y/n)".

The last thing I see is his fist coming closer to my face. After that, nothing.

I wake up in a daze. Everything is foggy. What happened?

"She's awake!" I hear faint voices. I slowly open my eyes as I see Noah, my mother, and three friends.

"Oh my god! Who did this?!" My mother cries as she grabs my hand. I look down and everything replays in my head.

Ghostface.

Suddenly I'm very aware of how much my body aches. I look over towards Noah.

"Am I okay?" I ask warily.

"Are you okay?" Noah asks worried. I shake my head.

"Give me a mirror"

"(y/n). I'll be honest, you look like hell" Layla sighs before digging in her bag and handing me her small mirror.

I bring the small mirror towards my face. My face is badly bruised and dried blood runs down my nose. My hair is all over.

I try sit up but immediate pain shoots up my left leg. I yelp before not moving my leg at all. Noah immediately goes to my aid and carefully lays me back down.

"Relax, (y/n)" Noah brushes my hair back, "Your leg needs healing. You got stabbed pretty badly"

A knock goes out through the room and two men are standing in the doorway.

"Hi, mam. We'd like a few questions" Says the one closest. My mother looks at me worried once more before Noah steps up.

"No. She just got attacked. She needs rest" He glares at the officers.

"Noah it's fine" I smile weakly. He looks at me in defeat.

Everyone leaves as the officers come inside. They sit down in the chairs and look at me.

"Hi, (y/n). I'm Detective Grey and this is Detective Stan" Detective Grey introduces.

Before I can say anything, he continues, "I understand you called 911 earlier, before you were attacked. You said you were sure the killer of the last few murders contacted you. Ghostface"

"That's right...and I was right! He tried to kill me!" I sit up but pain overwhelms me and I'm forced to lay back down. I bite my lip.

"Is this the first time he's contacted you? First time you've met face to face?"

"Yes"

"Can you give us any details"

"Um...okay" I frown, "He was maybe 5'10...5'11. He was wearing a ghostface outfit...a ghostface mask. It was awful"

"What happened during the attack?"

"He dragged me over the counter by my hair. I fell and hit my head. He started dragging me to the door but I started kicking and he stabbed my leg. I tried fighting back but he got on top me and hit me. That's all I remember"

"Im sorry you had to go through that" Detective Stan says with pity. I bring my arms to my chest.

"Me too" I say quietly. The officers stand up.

"That'll be all, (y/n)" Detective Grey says, "I assume you'll be here for a bit so we're keeping an officer at the door of your room. Just to be safe" He explains before leaving.

That's all? They aren't going to tell me anything else? They have no trace or what? I might as well be dead by tonight.