•Chapter 20• The Groundhogs Have Spoken

¡WARNING!: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME AUDIENCES AND WILL BE MARKED BEGINNING TO END WITH A DASHED LINE! VIEWER DISCRETION IS VERY MUCH ADVISED!

——————————————————————

3rd Person POV

(Dream)

New York City was given the nickname 'the city that never sleeps' for a reason. It always seemed like it's inhabitants never slept. This was true in many parts of the city, and it was no different for little Percy while in his home.

"Wwww-wh-where'd ya gooo?" The drunk man slurred. "We-we were just playn'! No har-*hic*-in that..come oooon out!"

But the small boy did not want to leave his hiding spot. The large man was scary, and the boy had learned not to trust the words of the false-father. The safety of the fire escape outside of his window might not last long and young Percy wasn't sure if he was ready.

"Yurrrr being a b-bad boy....and you know better t-than to be a bad boy to me. Your my good g-girl *hic*, remember." The beast laughed to himself and began to approach the hiding spot.

The boy was scared and felt sick. He could tell he was in one of those moods tonight. He had lost his poker game and had lost a lot of beer money in doing so. Percy's mom wasn't supposed to be back until much later that night, giving him all the time on earth.

The kid was littered with cuts and open wounds. The man had gotten a few good swings at the child before he was able to escape. Last time, he wasn't so lucky. Last time, he had touched places on Percy that he wasn't comfortable pointing out on his teddy bear, even with his mom.

"If you don't come out RIGHT n-now, I swear *hic* I'll...I'll beat you so hard you'll have a tw-twitch!" The beast roared.

Young Percy used all of his strength not to cry. Cry about what would happen, cry about where his real dad was, cry about how gross he thought he was, and cry out of fear. The neighbors never cared, and his schools never believed him.

"Where the HELL ARE YOU?!" It was beginning to get frustrated, and was to drunk to search the obvious spot. He was to busy re-checking the cabinets for the fifth time.

Percy looked down below him. Seemingly miles upon miles and stairs and platforms laid below him. The bustling streets of Manhattan honked in the distance, and the streets below were filled with late workers.

Percy looked down to see the concrete below him. Harder than anything he could find. Even when he fell on it and grazed his knee, it laid unaffected by anything. One night, after a serious beating, Percy had began to feel tired and lightheaded, the monster had told him to stay awake and to 'not die on him'. Percy had heard about death after one of his teachers had suffered their 2nd stroke. Death took you away from everything and was like a permanent dream.

A lot of the older people had told him that if he was good, god would take him to heaven where he could live and be happy for all of eternity. That's when Percy had an idea.

If he hit the concrete hard enough-

"WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD?" False-father yelled.

-and got a big enough boo-boo, and bled enough, maybe god would save him, bring him up to heaven, maybe his dad was there waiting for him-

"Are you ok kid?"

Percy held his breath, trying his best not to jump up and scream. After he calmed down, he turned and saw a girl he had never seen before. She was much older than him, maybe 15, and had black hair and silver eyes. She wore an orange shirt and while Percy couldn't read very well, he could tell that some letters were above a black horse with wings.