•Chapter 9• Mini Meal

Artemis POV

Dinner at Camp was always one of the more fancy eating events the hunters participated in. It was like a pack of wolves going to a 5 star restaurant in D.C. However, said pack of wolves were all girls and killed men weren't even wolves. Everyone in the hunt is entirely carnivorous so all you could see were saytrs and nymphs either barfing, passing out, or crying when handing out the grand meal of meat. One of the girls even asked for some goat as a side which caused the entire crew of saytr waiters to pass out. While the order did come, many saytrs anxiety increased ten-fold around the hunters just for the cost of goat chops. I scolded the hunter who ordered the disastrous meal saying that everyone else would want their meals to come sooner or later rather than cold and late. Speaking of me, I ordered some medium rare steak with a corn-on-the-cob since Apollo said my mainly protein diet would cause future health problems. When the Apollo kids saw this meal, they all gave me a thumbs up. Gods it was like clones of my brother watching me...which they were in a way. Chiron was shaking like he was on a massage chair while trying to eat his food while Dionysus was passed out on an armchair which he had asked Chiron to bring out since he had 'plenty of horse power' according to the wine god. Idiot. I did get half way through my dinner before I felt a tug in my pant pocket.
"Psst! Arty! I'm hungry!" He stated like a 4 year-old before dinner.
"Shhh! Be quite!" I whispered which earned me a few glares. "Just....here. Take this." I handed the doll-sized demigod a single piece of corn from my corn cob which he accepted easily. It was like a whole half-a-pizza for him so it took him a while. After about 5 minutes, I caught him snoozing in the crevice at the end of my pocket with his hands on his stomach with a happy smile. Ha...goof ball.
"Attention campers and hunters! The usual campers vs hunters capture the flag will take place tomorrow before departures for the....searching of....." Chiron became pale and looked distressed. He began to silently cry for his son-like figure's man-hunt which he was sending the campers he watched over to hunt down and kill. Percy was still asleep and didn't witness his friend's sadness. The god of wine, now awake, then stood up and sighed. He walked over to Chiron and put an arm around his back while escorting the depressed teacher to his living space in the Big House. The god of madness was clearly upset over his decision at the council meeting and the anguish the centaur showed over his student and it showed through his pitiful and regretful expression. Many were shocked to say the least and when Dionysus returned alone, he continued the announcement.
"As he was saying, the capture the flag game will happen tomorrow before departures tomorrow, everyone must be well rested and ready. Breakfast will be extended and extra 15 minutes and the camp store will now be selling survival items. Now, off to bed you little shits....now's not the time to cause trouble." He said out of character. Many were stunned until they began to walk back to their cabins. Me and the hunters followed this and were in bed soon. After many chats, the lights went out and everyone was asleep.

*************

(2 AM)

"-ty! Arty! Artemis!"
I woke up with a small Percy bouncing on my arm looking very awake.
"What Percy?" I groggily asked.
"I'm hungry..."
"Not this again."
"I'm serious this time!"
The mini demigod pranced on my arm looking frustrated. His small arms crossing over his chest as he pouted.
"Pleeeease?" He begged with what could only be described as baby seal eyes.
"Percy..." I rubbed my eyes. "Last time you ate was barely an hour ago." Percy's ears almost seemed to perk up, indicating he had come up with a 'good comeback'.
"Nuh uh!" He said, shaking his head as his uncut hair shook in front of his eyes. The simply blew it out of his eyes with a quick puff of hair from his mouth.
"The fuck you mean 'Nuh uh?'." I whispered-yelled in a hushed tone, ready to fling his tiny ass away and go back to bed.
Cute tiny ass...
Great, now I got you going...