Stories ~ Part 2

"I didn't know Twistedear was in Peakclan!" Icekit squealed, wriggling around from her spot beside her mother. The five kits squirmed around, getting comfortable, except for Spiderkit, who had fallen asleep. "But why would the Peakclan cats make cats go down the cliff?" Mudkit mewled, gazing up at her mother with round blue eyes. "Well, my kit" Coppersnout began, "Its a way that cats earn respect. When you grow big and strong, and become a beautiful young apprentice, you will have to wade into the sea". After the brown she-cat saw the young kit's faces pale, she quickly added "But don't worry. It isn't too hard, and there wont be any eagles there to gobble you up!" she bared her fangs at the kits, and they squeaked happily.

"What about the herbs being stolen?" meowed Bearkit, still looking perplexed at the story. She looked at Thorntongue, who eventually sighed. "Well, it turned out the medicine cat Maplesun had been hoarding them all. When I first heard about-" she began, before being cut of by Lynxfoot "Oh that, my kits, is a story for another day! Isn't there another story you would rather hear?" he said, glaring at the grey tabby queen.

The kits again looked a little dumb-founded, trying to figure out a story, Except for Spiderkit, who was now trying to roll over onto his siblings to get a better sleeping position. "Well, I have one." began Thorntongue, "Do you know what these great markings on the walls are?" she asked the kits. Sunkit tilted his head sideways. "No" he mewled. "Well, little warrior, these are the claw marks of bears! You were named after them, Bearkit!" the little brown she-kit squealed happily, and the queen continued.

"To tell this story, we must go back to when the clans began..."