Twistedear and The Cliff ~ Part 1

A young cat stood on the ridge overlooking the ocean. It was always very windy in the Peakclan camp, as it was situated on the top of a very high cliff. The cat looked down at the great churning mass, and took a step back. "What are you doing?" Stonepaw asked, tilting her head slightly at her brother. "N-n-nothing" Twistedpaw managed to stutter, still gazing down at the dark waves. Stonepaw rolled her eyes, "Well you are obviously doing SOMETHING, mouse-brain!" She meowed, and hit Twistedpaw over the head. "Are you excited about getting to explore the beach tomorrow?" She mewed, sitting beside him. "Uh yeah... very excited" He managed to croak out. Twistedpaw stood up and turned his head, not wanting to look at the hights any longer. The camp was surprisingly quiet for this time of day, but most cats were trying to get some sleep in before the gathering tonight.

Twistedear had always been so excited to become an apprentice, but now that he was one he wished he was still a kit. Stonepaw had always had an amazing head for hights, climbing trees on the ridge faster then most of the warrriors could, but the distance between him and the ground always made Twistedpaw feel sick. He and Stonepaw walked around the camp, casually disgussing what will be talked about in the gathering tonight, until finally Maplesun, the medicine cat, trotted up to them. He had a small mouthfull of leaves, and managed to mutter through them "Stonepaw, Twistedpaw, could you please go into the den and help out Windpaw? Shes spreading my supplies everywhere trying to find damn cloves!". Without waiting for a response, the old cat padded away.

"Well I suppose we don't have much else to do" Twistedpaw said, and led the way toward the large bracken bush used as a medicine cat den. The two apprentices brushed into the hollow, to find Windpaw muttering to herself. "Is this cloves? no no this is barly... or maybe its mint...". Stonepaw glanced at her brother, and meowed "Uh, Windpaw? Maplesun sent us to help you...".

Windpaw looked up from the piles of leaves and roots, seeming to notice them for the first time. "Oh! no its fine really! I think I found cloves". She picked up a small pile of leaves, and started to leave the den. Twistedear sniffed at the leaves as she went by. "Uhm, Windpaw, I'm pretty sure that smells like catnip" he purred, finding this all slightly amusing. The medicine apprentice sighed and walked back over to the leaves, placing the catnip back into the stone hollow. "Well I suppose help would be okay..."

By the time the sun was seeping into the sea, the waves turning orange and pink, the three apprentices had found the cloves and cleaned up the medicine den. The cats of Peakclan were getting ready to travel down the hill attaching to the cliff so that they may make their way to the gathering. Stonepaw had started to become ecstatic, jumping around Twistedpaw and Windpaw.

"I can't wait to see Kelpstar! and I want to see Mistglow! I heard she killed all three of her kits when she figured out they wouldn't be as strong as her! Maybe we might see Greenshadow! Do you think its true that he killed ten foxes while defending some kits?" She continuously meowed. Windpaw looked at Twistedpaw and purred in amusement, rolling her eyes and Stonepaw's antics. The grey tom-cat eventually cleared his throat, interrupting his sister. She glared at him 6for a second. "Oh, don't use such a Stone cold face!" Windpaw purred out, a smug look on her face. Stonepaw hit her over the head, leading the medicine apprentice to mew "Oh no, I hope this didn't put us into a rocky relationship!". Twistedpaw burst out laughing, tripping over his own feet multiple times.

As the long train of Peakclan cats started to approach the gathering, the two new apprentice's eyes grew wide. A long stream rushed down rocks into the great sea, and long hanging willows covered the sides, creating a dark tunnel along the water. Cats of all kinds sat along the rocks, in the willows, and in the sand. Apprentices splashed each other in the face, and elders greeted their old friends from neighboring clans.

Peakclan began to disperse into the cats. Windpaw glanced at her friends, seeing their faces frozen in complete shock and amazement. "It isn't all THAT incredible, you know. It just seems like it is your first time" The creamy she-cat purred. "Come on, I know a great place to watch the leaders" she continued, darting off into the crowds of cats. Stonepaw meowed happily and dashed off after her friend, with Twistedear slowly following from behind.