Barriers and Complexities

Razor rushed down the shadowy hallway. She didn't think she'd ever been more upset ever in her life; between her streaming tears and choked breathing it was a wonder she could see where she was going. It was a relief when she reached her cabin, where she could vent her muddled emotions and feelings in peace where no one would see her.

Or so she originally thought.

Her thoughts turned to what had just happened a strath hour ago which had worked her up like this. Again. She hasn't been able to stop thinking about it.

What had been a simple, completely normal sparing match had ended in a very awkward situation and her rushing out before her tears revealed themselves.

She and Tazer had decided to spar with each other instead of using the training bots. They had fought back and forth, testing each other's strength and stamina. That was until they accidentally tripped each other up and landed on the floor. By that point all she could physically register was the freezing floor against her back, and Tazer's somewhat heavy weight almost completely pinning her to the ground. Emotionally, all she could feel was the pounding of her heart and the sense of pure and unaltered longing. They had froze, staring into each other's eyes, lips an inch apart.

Lips an inch apart.

What wouldn't have she given to close that distance? What wouldn't have she given to reveal what she felt? To reveal the deepest, most desperate desire of her heart? Every feeling, every wisp of affection she possessed and felt for him had bubbled up to the surface, searing her throat and heart.

It seemed an age had passed before he got off her and they had both stood, both brick-red in the face, at a loss to what to say to each other. She excused herself and it took all her willpower not to run from the room. When she was out of sight however, it was exactly what she did.

And now she had no idea what to do.

☆ ☆ ☆

On the other side of the facility, someone else was also brooding over what had happened. That someone happened to be Tazer, who also couldn't turn his head off. It had been awkward for him too mainly because of how long it took him to register what had happened. It had taken him about 5 heartbeats to notice that: A, he had landed on top of her, B, that their faces had been no less than an inch apart, and C, that he had neglected to breathe up until that moment.

Once all those things had hit him in turn, that's when he noted the situation that had landed themselves in. Which made it all the more embarrassing.

It would have been probably better to say something. Anything. But that's just what happens when you're completely unprepared. Pretty much all of your usual bodily functions cease to operate.

He wasn't sure what he would have done had he not been immobilised by sheer attraction and affection in their annoyingly purest forms. Probably would have made an even bigger fool of himself. But he tried to push the whole ordeal out of his mind because unfortunately, the words Razor and crush did not coexist well in his thoughts.

It was remotely irritating to say the least, he was the sniper of their squad, a soldier. Trained for war and combat. Trained to withstand gore, blood, sweat and tears. And here he was, staring at the ceiling like a lovestick schoolboy, thinking over an ordeal involving him and his crush which he should probably forget about. Considering how unprofessional it was. Considering how his own heart had raced. Considering the look in her eyes when they had both registered each other's proximity. Her eyes had held a storm of emotions, of confusion, of embarrassment, and... of longing? Emotions that he knew, however hard he tried to deny it, were reflected in his own eyes.