Chapter 35

Act III
Chapter 35 ━━ Growing Desires

Warning: Mature content ahead

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

It's afternoon when Shelley comes back from grocery shopping after her brief visit to Cullen residence. She kills the engine of Bella's truck and jumps out. Grabbing the grocery bags with her hands, she kicks the door shut. She whistles a tune, casually walking to the front door and unlocking it when she feels presence behind her. An unwanted guest to be specific. 

"Where were you?" Jacob asks. In the next second he makes a face, leans to her and sniffs. 

The blonde gives him a weird look. Stupid mutt. 

"You were with that bloodsucker, weren't you?" He grits his teeth and she walks into the house, ignoring him. "You can't run away from me every day just because you're angry with me." 

"I'm not angry with you, Jacob." She pauses on her track to look at him with a blank expression and his face changes when she calls his full name. "I'm pity about you." 

He sighs, rubbing his forehead. "Why can't we sit and talk like adults?" 

"You? An adult?" Shelley chuckles with amusement whilst placing the bags on the kitchen counter. "Aren't you still like 16?" 

"Age is just a number." He groans. He doesn't like the fact that he's 2 years younger than his imprint. But who cares? 

"Can you please leave? I have a girls night planned with my sister." She admits, not forgetting to show her disinterest in his presence. She can be rude when she wants to be okay? It's her right to be mean to her life partner as a Nymph. They are sort of in a complicated relationship, right? 

"You have to give me a chance to explain myself." He reasons, following the blonde to her bedroom like a love sick puppy. Can this guy give her some privacy for once? 

"I don't want your explanations! I'm done and this is where you leave me alone!" 

His eyes are wild, his jaw clenched. "I'm not leaving you! You’re mine. Mine to love, mine to kiss, mine to touch-!" 

"I'm not your toy, Jacob!" 

"You're my imprint!" 

"You lost your right to call me your imprint. Not once, but twice! Now deal with it!" Shelley shoves her hands into his chest, pushing him away. She's sick of him thinking that he has some moronic wolfy claim over her. "Get the fuck out of my house before I call Charlie so you can explain yourself to him!" 

"This is not over." He states and tries to walk away. But pauses when her dramatic ass decides to shout at him with frustration and throws her hands in the air for better effect.