Chapter 31

Act III
Chapter 31 ━━ The Stranger

Act IIIChapter 31 ━━ The Stranger

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Looking at the mirror, Shelley gets herself ready and smiles at her reflection. But instead smiling, she frowns at the sight of the hickey on her neck which Jacob gave her during his last visit that happened to be last night. She opens her desk drawer and pulls out her concealer to find it empty. 

She swears she's going to kill that wolf boy and frame his head in her living room. She doesn't think Charlie would mind at all. Throwing the empty concealer into the dustbin, she closes the drawer angrily. 

Covering the hickey with her long blonde hair without bothering to check her appearance twice, the blonde tosses her bag over her shoulders and walks down the stairs. Her frown deepens as she enters the living room to see Charlie asleep on the couch. He's still in uniform from yesterday, a case file spread out, some of it resting on his chest. 

Charlie is working hard to find a corner of the daily increasing serial murders in the town. She notices a file case with a photo of a familiar face lying within Charlie's files. 

Intrigued, Shelley picks up the photo to have a better look. She gasps in disbelief as she realises who the person is. 

"This kid Riley Biers, disappeared over days ago. Before he went missing, he was last seen in settle." Charlie's groggy voice makes her take her eyes to him. 

"You think he's dead?" She asks. 

"I don't know." He sighs, sitting on the couch. "His poor parents have been papering Seattle with these things ever since." 

"You think they should just give up?" 

"I wouldn't. If it were you or Bella… Not ever." Then he unexpectedly wraps an arm around her waist, pulling her close. 

She hugs him back instantly. "You know that you're the best dad, right?" 

After a moment, he releases her, rising to cover his emotionality. "I know." He smiles but it fades as his eyes set on the red mark on her neck. "What's that?" 

"What's what?" She asks nervously, covering her neck with her hair. 

"Is that a love bite?" 

She's officially dead. 

"Jesus, dad! It's a… rash." Shelley exclaims in a panic, throwing her hands in the air, dramatically. "Did you eat breakfast yet?"