Chapter 12

Mature content ahead.
———

-Nellie's Pov

Several weeks had passed, and Thanksgiving was approaching slowly. The plans we made a few weeks ago might not come to reality since I had not been in touch with the boys much lately, expect for Theo.

Malfoy has been avoiding me, noticeably distancing himself, and so did I. He rarely joined us during meals, had skipped a few parties which is unusual for him, and was no longer as present in our daily activities or classes. Whenever I came across him, he looked sad, but mostly, angry, as usual.

While I'm not necessarily worried or sympathetic towards him, his changed behavior raised questions. I've considered asking him what's going on, but deep down, I know that wouldn't provide the answers. I discussed it with Theo, who claimed he didn't know, but I could sense that was not the truth.

With Malfoy's reduced attention to me because of our recent happening, have Theo and I become closer. We had spent a lot of time together. We've gone beyond the wizarding world, visiting Edinburgh and had a great time together. People question a lot about us, and our friends suspect something more, but both Theo and I deny any romantic involvement.

'Are you sure you and Theo are just friends?'
'You can't tell me you haven't done anything.'

Typical comments we had received. Yes, we've shared sleeping spaces sometime, but nothing romantic has occurred between us. If Theo wanted something more, he would have made a move by now. It's been almost three months since I arrived, and there was nothing between us.

_

"I need help, like right now!" I turned around to find Theo in my doorway, covering his eye with his hand. Blood ran down his arm, dripping onto the floor.

"Theo, what the hell have you done?" I exclaimed, rushing over to him. Removing his hand from his face, I inspected the injury—it looked like he had cracked his eyebrow and would definitely need stitches.

Theo shot me a look, expecting me to know what to do.

"Do you want blood all over your dorm?" he huffed, indicating that I should assist him. He brought his hand back to his eye to prevent more blood from dripping onto the floor.

"Come here," I said, leading him into my bathroom.

Uncertain of what to do, I began searching for something like a first aid kit. The idea of using a spell or potion to heal the wound didn't cross my mind, and I wasn't confident about using Episkey, unsure if it was suitable for cuts.

Theo sat on the toilet lid while I retrieved the bandages and other necessary items. Approaching him, I stood between his legs, and his face aligned with my chest.

Starting to clean and inspect the wound, it appeared deep, and the bleeding showed no signs of stopping.

"What happened?" I asked once again.

"I had a shelf fall on me" he replied. While a falling shelf could cause such a cut, I found his explanation somewhat not true.

"Why didn't you go to Madam Pomfrey? She can help you better than I can" I questioned, looking down at him. He met my gaze with his green eyes.