15)

"Let me go this instant!" I kept yelling but the son of a bitch ignored me, fueling my anger. I swear if I wasn't afraid of heights I would have worked my way out of his grasp but that would just lead me to my end.

Then I maybe shouldn't be telling him to let go of me.

"On second thoughts, let go off me when we're an inch from the ground" I yell through the wind. My hair was in all directions and I had to close my eyes to prevent my hair from going in.

Still no reply

"Hey I'm talking to you!" I screamed nearly choking on the wind

Before I could give him a piece of my mind I felt my feet touch the ground only slightly  before I fell on my face.

'Thanks for the smooth landing'I muttered sarcastically. Spitting grass out of my mouth, I get back up on my feet and dust off the dirt from my clothes, my eyes never leaving the blond in front of me.

"Ok first off-"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!" He yelled at me. Before I could even give a response, he grabbed me by my arms tightly while his grey eyes turned black. I don't know if it's because of his rage or his form but he looked scary with his eyes like that

"I didn't mean to come here" I forced the words out, surprised at myself that I could say something. I couldn't even hear the words from my mouth with my heart beating so fast.

"What did you do!?" He yelled accusingly "You can't just show up here and give a dumb excuse like that" the hands on my arm tightened with every word

Dumb excuse?!

Ok now I'm mad

"It's not a dumb excuse! Do you think I want to be here?! Look at this place. I haven't bath for God knows how long and  I haven't eaten any proper meal since I got here. Anyways how could I possibly have come here myself? If I hadn't met that psychopath I wouldn't be here in the first place so don't go yelling at me like I want to be here!" I yell breathing heavily. My brain finally registered the pain from my arm and I looked to that his sharp nails were digging into my skin. I flinched at the pain which seemed to have caught his attention because he let go.

"Come with me"

  I followed behind and neither of us said a word to each other. I used this time to admire his back. His black wings were large and dragged on the ground as he walked. He was shirtless and the muscles on his back flexed with every move of his biceps. His blonde hair looked shorter and I wondered if he got a haircut before coming here.

It seemed we were getting deeper and deeper into the forest. I wanted to break the ice and say something,  anything but he didn't look like he was in the mood to talk. It was still dark, probably midnight and I was tired and hungry. At this point, my feet were dragging on the ground. I nearly tripped on a tree root and counted it as my fifth time since I got here.

"Ashton-"

"We're here" he interrupted

I stood next to him to see a cabin. A little old fashion but at least I'll have a roof over my head right?

Ashton was still giving me the silent treatment and I didn't get why because I didn't ask to be hear, more importantly he had a lot of explaining to with the creature demon thing he had going around.

"What held you up-" the words died at her tongue once she saw me.

Ashton glared at me once more and left me standing without saying a word. He moved to what I assume to be the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. He handed it to me but I just stood staring at her

I noticed how her ears looked pointy and her eyes looked brighter. The smell of something burning hit my nose and that seemed to snap her out of her daze.

"At this point you should be banned from the kitchen" Gabe said coming to a halt once he saw me. He too had pointy ears and looked a bit bulker.

"Umm. This is a surprise" he said awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. He gave Ashton a questioning look but his eyes were still on me.

"Ok can someone explain what's going on?" I ask in fraustration. All eyes seemed to land on Ashton like he had all the answers. He had his arms folded has he leaned on the wall observing....me

"Ok can we start with where I am" I asked feeling drained. I don't get why he's mad at me. Like I survived a bear and demon attack cut me some slack dude. I moved towards the couch since no one seemed to be giving me any answers and my legs were aching as hell.

From the couch I got a better look at the place and honestly I was impressed. From the outside you'll be expecting those old fancy aesthetic design but it has some modern touch to it. Minus the television which sucks since I'm already bored.

"I'll get you something to eat"Felicity said trying to break the awkward tension. Gabe and Ashton got up to leave not before Gave threw me a sympathetic smile.

Ok I get it, their a little surprise but how do they think I feel. I start getting anxious for no reason and feel my eyes tearing up. I miss home and I'm tired, and once I find someone who reminds me of home he goes about throwing a fit and blaming me for everything. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see Felicity with cookies and what I assume to be coffee from the smell I'm getting.

"Its ok" she says with a smile placing the content on the centre table

"No it's not" I want to scream but instead I choke on my sob and start crying. I'm shaking with so much emotion it hurts and I feel like I'm not breathing. Felicity hugs me and pats me in the back while soothing my hair

"You're right it's not ok but we're hear now. You're safe. "

"I'm I though" I want to say but instead I turn away from her and ask where I'll be spending the night. She leads me upstairs and shows me a room

There seems to be a lot of space in the house considering how the exterior of the cabin looks like. She gets me some clothes and shows me where the bathroom is so I could freshen up. I thank her and she leaves.

I carry my clothes and the other essentials she gave me and head to the washroom.

My hair looks like a mess and I have bags under my eyes to conclude I look like a zombie and I break down again on the bathroom floor. I try combing my hair with my fingers to calm myself but nothing seems to be working. I wonder about my parents and even cry harder.

I don't know how but I soon find myself dressing up in the new clothes. I feel fresh and drained . I feel like a robot. I move towards the bed and wrap myself with the blanket.

I miss my bed.

I cry again and again until I run out of tears. The pillow is stained and my eyes feel swollen. Everything hurts at this point and I don't even know what to do. I feel lost and can't seem to put a name on my emotions. Everything thing seems to hit me all at once and I feel my stomach growl. I remember the coffee and cookies downstairs and wonder if it's alright to go for them. I don't want to see anyone and consider sleeping with an empty stomach but it seemed impossible.

I get up and try to fix my face. I splash some water on my face to make me look less miserable before heading downstairs.

No one is there thankfully and I head for the kitchen. I see a fruit basket and  grab some apples and bananas. I feel eyes on me and turn to see Ashton.
I use my hair as a curtain over my face and leave without a word

"I'm sorry" I hear him say but I don't bother to turn back and acknowledge him. In my room, I sit on the bed and once again I cry. I hate this and I hate myself for feeling this way. I abandon the fruits and cry myself to sleep