Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Leo gave him a small smile before leaning forward and pressing his lips against Milan's. Milan immediately kissed back, he couldn't help but smile in the middle of the kiss. He couldn't remember the last time he was this happy.

"Now, will you tell me why you looked like you were ready to stab someone?" Leo asked as he pulled back.

"It was my mom," Milan sighed as Leo started the car, "my parents can be a bit, uh, controlling. And they always think they know best. Well, I mean, I guess most parents are like this but they take it way overboard at times."

"What did she say?" Leo asked. He knew a thing or two about controlling guardians.

"Nothing too major. She just keeps bugging me to get back with Evan. She's known him and his mom for years so she's his number one fan," Milan said.

"Doesn't she know what an ass he was?" Leo furrowed his brows.

"I tried telling her but she wouldn't listen," Milan paused, "all she cares about is that he's smart and goes to a good college and wants to be a doctor. Nothing else matters to her."

"I don't suppose your parents are going to like me very much when they meet me," Leo said with a dry laugh.

"Well, my dad will probably make some sexist remark about your piercings, and my mom will give you that polite smile that you know for sure is fake," Milan said, "but hey, it could be worse! At least you don't have any tattoos!"

"None that they can see, at least," Leo muttered.

"Wait, you have tattoos?" Milan asked as he turned to face the older boy.

"Maybe."

"Where? What of? Milan asked eagerly.

"How about you find out for yourself some day?" Leo glanced at Milan for a moment, giving him a smirk. Milan immediately felt hot, Leo was too sexy for his own good.

Milan didn't know what to expect as they reached school and Leo parked his car. They had acted normal yesterday after lunch, so when Leo held his hand, intertwining their fingers— Milan felt like he was on cloud nine.

They walked through the doors like that, hand in hand. It got them quite a few looks from the people around, but Milan didn't care. And it seemed like Leo didn't either. When Leo had admitted that the whole dating thing was new for him, and they decided that they would be taking things slow, Milan expected things would be on the down low.

But it seemed like Leo was fine being out. And that made Milan more happy than he could've expressed in words.

They walked to Milan's locker, where he took out his biology textbook. They talked about the classes they had, and Leo made a cheesy comment about looking forward to history for the first time ever since that was one of the only two classes they shared.

The bell rang, and Leo leant forward to give Milan a quick peck on his lips.

"What!?"

Milan turned around to see a shocked Quinn, who was staring at the two boys with comically widened eyes.

"What was that? Oh my God, did Milan finally confess his undying love? Are you both together now? How did this happen— No, when did this happen?" Quinn rambled on.

"You were right," Milan muttered as he tilted his head towards Leo, "keeping it from them for a day and waiting to see their reaction in person was worth it."

"Told ya," Leo grinned.

"I need details and I need them now!" Quinn exclaimed as they walked closer to the boys.

"Milan will tell you everything, I'm getting late for my class," Leo said before kissing Milan one more time, "see you in history, Mila."

"Bye." Milan smiled as he watched Leo leave.

"Oh, so you let him ca you Mila but not me? I see that you're already picking favorites!" Quinn said.

"Don't be dramatic," Milan rolled his eyes as the two started walking towards their class.

"I have literally every right to be dramatic. Are you going to spill or not?"

"Okay, so, yesterday at lunch—"

Milan continued on with the story as they reached their class and got seated. Quinn listened with undivided attention, not even making a single comment as Milan spoke. Milan didn't give them all the details, leaving out Leo's personal information and the fact that he was his first kiss out of it.

Once he was done, Quinn just stared at him with a blank expression.

"What? You don't have anything to say now?" Milan asked, confused.

"I'm just shook," Quinn finally spoke up.

"Me too. Honestly, I never expected him to like me back or—"

"No, not about that! I'm shook about how fucking right I was about everything. I literally called you both getting together before you even started liking him," Quinn said, "I think I might be psychic."

***