Chapter 7

Ah! Here it is. This has taken a while, but the story is really just picking up from here. I have all the way till June 2022 planned, if you guys will tolerate me for that long. Hope you enjoy!

I'm gonna reference a specific look a few times. This is the look. Hopefully you'll know what I'm talking about when you see those parts in the story.

Current day - 2 days later

"I'll be home tomorrow Tave" Jordyn laughed as she folded her clothes on her bedroom floor. Suddenly there was a knock on her door.

"I'll call you back later Tave" Jordyn said before quickly hanging up the phone.

"Come in" she called out, giving her mom permission to open the door.

"You almost packed?" Taylor questioned as she sat down on Jordyns bed, petting Olivia who was purring next to her.

"Almost. Just figuring what else I need to bring home" Jordyn sighed as she finished folding the pile of clothes she had been working on. She could tell that her mom wanted to talk, so she got up and moved to sit next to her mom on the bed.

Her New York City bedroom was honestly a little outdated, she hadn't gotten around to redoing it yet. The room was very bright, with rainbows on the walls, and a fluffy white rug on the ground. Her curtains had little clouds with raindrops, and her bed was a pale pink frame with a comforter of the same color. It was the ideal bedroom for a 10 year old. Too bad Jordyn was 13. Taylor had told her for years now that a profesional designer could come in and help her redo her room once she became a teenager. But with everything going on, they hadn't gotten around to it yet.

As she sat down next to her mom, Taylor let out a small sigh, her mouth tilting in a quizzical way, clearly trying to figure out how to say what she wanted to.

"How do you feel about Karlie" Taylor asked after a few moment of concentrating in silence. The comment almost made Jordyn laugh. Her mom always made sure to get her approval before anything even began to happen. And it made her feel heard.

"I feel the same way about her I always have, but that's not what's important." Jordyn looked at her mom, wondering if she should push farther.

"How do you feel about her?" Jordyn asked after a moment of silence. Her question surprised Taylor, although she didn't know why.

"I'm conflicted honestly. I don't know how I feel." Taylor was telling the truth, or at least she thought she was.

"What does your music tell you?" Jordyn questioned, having the same quizzical face as her mother. Jordyn knew Taylor couldn't understand how she felt, but her music never lied.

"I wrote a bunch of new songs. Wanna hear one?" Taylor asked. Already knowing the answer, she got up off the bed.

"Sure!" Jordyn exclaimed, leaping off her bed. She loved listening to her mom's music.