Chapter 2

Current day (august 2020)

Luckily enough, both Taylor and Karlie were in New York. Joe had left earlier that morning, trying to convince Jordyn to come too. But she knew what was going on. After all, she was 14 now, and still eavesdropped. Joe knew about Karlies call, Taylor had told him. And so he went out with some friends

Karlie arrived right on time. Very eager to have this conversation. She wanted to come clean, she finally could.

Ding. Jordyn ran to the doorway, practically falling on the way. Taylor had unwillingly agreed to let Jordyn answer the door, as long as she went to her room right after and left them alone.

"Hi!" Jordyn practically shouted. She could feel her mothers glare from the other side of the room.

"Hey, you've gotten so big kid. Iv missed you a lot" Karlie meant it, she couldn't bring herself to look at pictures of Jordyn since her and Taylor's falling out 2 years ago. And boy had she changed.

"Iv missed you too." Another glare from her mother telling her to wrap up the convo. "I uh have you go do homework" Jordyn's lame excuse was very see through, especially to Karlie. But she didn't question it. Before Jordyn left though, she said one last thing, something she definitely hadn't gone over with her mother first.

"I hope to see you again soon!" And with that one sentence, Jordyn had left both Karlie and Taylor's faces red. Mission accomplished, she skipped off to her room.

"She's grown up so much" a glimmer of disappointment in Karlie's voice.

"Yeah she has. You can come sit you know" And so with Taylor's approval, Karlie walked over and sat in the chair across from Taylor. Both of them avoiding the couch all together.

"I'm sorry. I know it doesn't mean much but I'm sorry. I know it doesn't take back what I did. And I want you to know right here right now, that I'm not saying any of this as some excuse so I can get you back. I owe you an explanation, and I can finally give you one." Karlie had said it all so fast, it was still registering in Taylor's brain. Finally she realized that Karlie was waiting for her to say something.

"Ok. Go on" Is all Taylor could get out

"This is going to be insane. I know it is, it's insane that it's my life. But I need you to sit and listen." A nod from Taylor was all Karlie needed to go on.

"Okay so Josh" Karlie had no idea where to start. Meanwhile just the mention of his name made Taylor shift in her seat.

"So basically, it all started years ago. I was freshly 20. And I was just starting off in my career. I met Josh randomly one day. We hit it off right away. But just as friends. He approached me with a business idea. I signed a contract. And boom, we were an item." Karlie started to say her next sentence but she was suddenly cut of by Taylor.

"Um, if you signed a contract, shouldn't like not be telling me all this?" Her voice was laced with worry

"Normally yes, but my contract only prohibited me from telling other people while it was still active. I'm not longer under contract, so I can tell you. May I go on?" Karlie asks, not wanting to push her luck. Taylor eagerly nods, and so Karlie continues,

"And this was all fine, until the rumors of you and me picked up. Josh hated it, and so he threatened to expose our relationship to the world unless I broke up with you. So I did. But everything changed 2 months ago. Our contract expired. But then he asked me to marry him. He was in love with me. But I just didn't feel the same way. I refused to resign. And I especially refused to marry him." Almost everything was off of Karlies chest now, and she felt so relieved. But Taylor wasn't quite there yet...