𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 ♡ rye cookie

Start from the beginning

Rye was young and inexperienced when she first tried taking you down. She naively thought it was a simple task, especially for someone as sharp as her. However, you proved her wrong when, for months on end, you avoided her capture. It was admirable almost, and infuriating all the same.

She hated you at first. You were insufferable, and her continued failures at catching you were ruining her reputation. Even though her fellow bounty hunters reassured her you were just a special case who everyone else had trouble catching, if didn't change the fact that you were the first and only person she hadn't caught. In her whole career, she had never failed as much as she did when it came to you.

But there was just something about you that kept Rye from loathing you forever. It was a dark night, maybe in summer, or potentially fall, when her feelings started to change. She had caught you in the act, finally, finally, she could collect your bounty and retain her crystal clear track record. She had chuckled, filling expecting you to try to run or look at her with terror.

But you didn't. You merely stared at her blankly. "Why do you look so happy?" That had been the first words ever spoken by you to her. It momentarily stopped her in her tracks. Your voice was so...pleasing.

Before she could comprehend what had happened, you had gotten up in her face. Startled by the close proximity, she jumped back. "I think you have things backwards, Miss Bounty Hunter. You seem to think you're the one in charge here...but I'm the one who decides whether you catch me or not. And I say...no thanks."

You were gone in the blink of an eye. Rye frantically examined her surroundings, searching for any trace of you. There was a sudden whistling sound, and she glanced up in the direction of it. In the dark, your eyes seemed to glow as you taunted her. And then you were gone again, this time for real.

Rye didn't know why, but she walked back to her favorite saloon that night, flustered and confused. The bartender laughed, and asked her what was wrong. "Is it that outlaw again? Still haven't managed to catch them, have you?"

"Yeah..." She mumbled, not fully paying attention to the man. She was thinking about what had just happened. It replayed in her head again and again. She analyzed your every word, trying to find meaning in any of them.

There was something about you that Rye found herself enjoying immensely. From that night forward, you continued to tease and taunt her in her attempts to catch you. She should've been upset and angered by this. Strangely, she wasn't.

Instead of fury filling her brain, it was occupied by thoughts of you. An odd, overwhelming urge to possess you. To be the only one to look at you. Forever.

She had previously been chasing you for the reasons of greed and justice. Now, however, her reasons became more selfish. She no longer wanted the bounty, she just wanted you. She wanted to keep you forever and ever and ever with zero interferences.

That...that was years ago. This cat and mouse game (one where she wasn't entirely sure who was the cat and who was the mouse) had been ongoing for years, and Rye was sick of it. Couldn't you just give in already? She'd treat you so well, didn't you know that?

Now, now though...Rye had her chance. She had caught you off guard for once, she could finally have you! She just had to find you first.

"[Y/N], come out already!"

Behind a rock? No. In the branches of a thick tree? Nope. On the roof of a house? No, not there either.

As she was groaning silently, she spotted something. A shade of [H/C], sprawled out against the green grass. She hid herself behind the nearest thing she could find, and looked closely.

You were lying peacefully on the hill, seemingly not bothered or concerned in the slightest that Rye was after you. You just relaxed and yawned cockily, clearly not expecting her to find you any time soon. Too bad for you...

She knew if she just walked over to you, you'd run. This was her chance, she couldn't risk messing it up. She prepared herself and sprinted full force towards you. You were unprepared, and your eyes widened in shock when she tackled you.

She pinned you down, grabbing onto your wrists in a tight but not uncomfortable grip. Your eyes displayed shock, an emotion she had never seen on you before. She loved it. "Well, well, love, I found you."

You squirmed under her grip and glared. You tried to kick her off of you, but she wants affected by your actions. She simply stared at you with a lovesick gaze.

"Why are you struggling?" She cupped her hand around your cheek and stroked it. You shivered at the contact. "Didn't you you'd be the one to decide if I caught you or not? Well, I did...so doesn't that mean you wanted this?"

She interlocked her fingers with yours and kissed your knuckles. She adored the expression on your face—not quite horror, not quite terror...it was so lovely regardless of the emotion is conveyed.

"C'mon, you don't need to fret, dear. I'll love you so well."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

[ NOVA ; morgan told me to update their a/ns that they wrote for these like,, a month ago but i am not willing to copy and paste purinsesu keni korosu song thing twice idk i don't watch south park help?? he slays in a dress tho lowkey princess zelda who ]

[ MORGAN ;  i didn't mean to write this in rye's pov but it just kinda,, happened so yeah...it was fun tho!! #girlboss ]