Chapter Fourty Six

Start from the beginning

Nate noticed I was in a bad mood straight away. He leaned against the lockers next to mine as I told him what happened.

"It's okay to be angry at her," he said, "cuz she's wrong."

"I'm not sure that helps me much. It still fucking hurts to hear that whether she's wrong about it or not." I said putting the key in the lock. "But its fine, fuck her. I don't want to let her ruin my day and its not like I can change my situation just to please her."

"Alright." He nodded in acceptance.

"Oh, you're probably not going to see much of me today."

"Why's that?" I asked him checking my timetable, I could never remember it off the top of my head.

"You know there's a game next Friday right? Coach is pulling us out of classes for pre-game prep."

"Oh okay. That sounds fucking boring." I chuckled.

"It will be. Are you coming?" He asked like it was no big deal but his eyes were hopeful.

"To the game? Nate...you know football isn't my thing." I whined looking up at him. "You're the one who forced me on the cheer team remember?"

His smile was small but coy. "I got tired of seeing Maddy cheering all the time...I wished it was her best friend."

"Nate!" I pushed him into the chest rolling my eyes. "That's fucked up."

"Come on. Seriously. I don't want to play unless you're there."

"I'll think about it." I muttered.

He brightened up immediately.

"That's not a yes!" I warned him as I headed to class and he walked towards some of the other guys on the team.

"Yeah, sure." He gave a toothy grin. "Text me!"

"Ugh finally he's gone." Maddy said linking arms with me as we walked to class.

"Did you hear about this big football game?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Unfortunately." She rolled her eyes and started complaining about cheerleading practice and how she wanted to quit the team too.

We sat into our seats and I noticed Cassie staring daggers at me.

"Something on your mind Cass?" I raised my brow at her. I'll be damned if she thinks she can intimidate me.

"Trust me Nia. You don't want to know whats on my mind right now." She said back with a creepy smile.

I was about to say something when the teacher walked in and started calling attendance.

"What the fuck was that about?" Maddy whispered.

"Fuck if I know." I replied looking at the back of Cassie's head with a bad feeling in my gut.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Short King: I had another dream about u last night

Me: oh yea?

Short King: wanna know what it was about?

Me: well I'm trying to focus on trigonometry but okay.

Short King: it's fine i'll help u with it later.

I smiled, it wouldn't be the first time Nate had done my math homework for me. My teacher couldn't believe my sudden improvement.