Chapter Eleven

Nate Jacobs POV

His father once told him "The devil is in the details Nathaniel."

It took him a while to understand what he meant. But since then he had always paid attention to the little things about everyone around him.

So one day if he ever had to, he could destroy them.

Like this morning while talking with the guys in the parking lot, the cute little black Audi didn't pull up as usual. He was trying to memorize the engine sound so he could pick it out when she was coming into or out of the neighborhood.

She hadn't come to school for two days and he didn't like wondering why.

So he text her. Multiple times. But they were all ignored which only made him more curious and frustrated. He knew he had a tendency to become fixated on things and he realized in those two days how fucking boring everything was without her to pester or torment or just simply watch. It had become a habit of his to study her routine, her habits whether at school or outside of it.

He liked her soft accent. He liked how she kept her belongings neat, all her pens were capped and organized.

He liked that she washed her hands a lot. He liked seeing her dimples when she smiled, but she rarely smiled like that at him.

He liked that she was fluent in French. He notices she would swear a lot around her friends but she had good manners with authority figures and adults.

He liked that her clothes were expensive without being showy. He liked that had good posture, like she had been trained to sit, and walk gracefully. Maybe she had.

Generally he thought about sex a lot. Almost all the time. But he thought about fucking her constantly, even while he was fucking someone else.

He knew if anyone knew where she was, Maddy would but he couldn't just come out and ask her about it, that would be too obvious so instead he just lingered around her pack of girlfriends a little more keeping an ear out for information.

He got no where that first day but on the next morning he heard Maddy talking to Kat in a study period.

"Did you text her?"

"Yeah I asked if she was okay, she just said she was sick. But I don't know if I believe her." Kat replied organizing her folder.

"Do you think it was because of the panic attack? Maddy whispered with her hand cupped over her glossy mouth.

"Maybe. But fuck, if my dad was murdered I would use that excuse to get out of school literally all the time." Kat said and Maddy chuckled telling her to shut up.

Murdered??

Now this was news.

As he tuned out their other gossip and useless conversation he worked on his phone searching for some kind of article or report of her Dad's death. He didn't know his first name but he had a last name, and it only happened a few months ago in Ireland so it wasn't too hard to find.

Respected Statesman and Businessman David Gordon, brutally slain in what authorities believe to be a burglary gone wrong. His remains were found in the family home by his only daughter. A post mortem examination is expected to be carried out in the coming days....

He locked his phone screen and settled back into his chair absorbing this information. On the outside he looked calm and expressionless as ever. But inside his heart was racing, he was excited. Intrigued.

He had been since he first met Nia at McKays house. At first he thought she was fucking crazy for stepping in between him and someone else when he was angry. Maybe she was just another girl desperate to be noticed.