"Hmm," I hum in thought. "Well, I need to get quite a few things today. I would say these pelts are in really good condition."

Jamie nods in agreement. "How about 100?" she proposes.

My eyes shine with excitement. "That is a lot higher than I thought, Jamie!"

"Well, this is a pretty big animal, and I won't underpay you. Don't go arguing with me now. I'll just figure out a way to get you the money if you don't take it from me." She holds up her hands as if she won't hear my protests. "My reputation as a trader is at stake," she announces with her head in the air, as if that were the only reason.

I laugh at her antics. "Deal," I agreed, knowing how stubborn Jamie could be. There was no arguing with her.

Jamie pulls out a box and begins to sort through it. I don't miss the smirk she was trying to hide. She wipes it off her face before looking at me and holding out the coupons.

"Thank you, Jamie." I looked into her eyes. "Seriously."

She waves her hand through the air like I am being silly. "Business is business, girly," she tells me with a wink.

"Mhmm." I agree, my heart warmed by her kindness.

"Good luck with everything else you have to do!" She waves, grabbing the rabbits and hanging them next to the others in her stall.

━━━━━━━━━✯☾✯━━━━━━━━━

We had made it around to most of the stalls that we needed to hit today, and the number of coupons I got selling the mountain lion was definitely helping. I was able to get some more soap, and some preserved food. I was even able to splurge a little and get some more spices. We were also able to get clothing for everyone. It was harder to find clothes I thought would fit Taeric, but I was able to find a few, and Lilly and Evey helped. I was still being careful with the coupons, though. I didn't need to overspend, and extra cards for next time would be even better. I may even be able to finally get some animals of my own, like I have wanted to do for a while now.

I have been asking all the stall runners if they have seen Jace or if they knew of anyone looking for a child. They all said no. I was beginning to lose hope. It was only confirming my theory that he was abandoned. I can feel eyes on me as I walk. I turn my head, already knowing who it is. Morrigan stands by one of the stalls, clearly watching me. He rubs the pad of his thumb over his jaw, and I shiver at the look on his face. There was something very dark about him. I start pulling to cart a little faster, trying to make it to the next stall as quickly as possible so I can get out of here.

"Emara!" I hear a voice call out excitedly from around the side of a booth.

"Lucy! How are you?" I ask in equal excitement. Lucy is a sweet older lady who seems to be somewhere around her late 50′s, but her enthusiasm and energy make her seem much younger.

"I am doing great, sweetie. How are you, girlies?" She smiles at Lilly and Evey before her eyes widen when they land on Jace. She runs over and crouches down to his level, cooing at him and tickling his tummy. He giggles and grabs at her hands in an attempt to calm down and stop the tickling. "Aww, Emara, who is this?" she asks.

"This is Jace. Found him in the woods a little while ago, and he has been staying with me." I tell her, repeating the same story that I have told at every stall. They all had a similarly shocked reaction to the little boy, and all fawned over how adorable he was, too. "Have you heard of anyone looking for a little boy?"

She shakes her head, and her fading red hair falls around her face. "I'll let you know. Oh! Speaking of the woods. Did you see that asteroid fall a few days ago?" she asks in a sudden change of topic.