CHAPTER THREE: The Proposal

" I always have a plan for everything you know " he said easily as he sip his wine.

I look at him for a moment and I realized he's very handsome.

His blue bright eyes stare at me in return and i look away shyly.

" You're beautiful jilly " He said softly and i held the urge to roll me eyes.

Okay fine, i appreciate him telling me I'm beautiful but it is getting too much and why do I even have this feelings that he want more than just a lunch.

And as though he has read my thoughts he look at me seriously and I prepare myself to hear whatever he has to say for he look so serious.

" Are you single ? " He asked looking at me intensely.

I creases my face in surprise.

That caught me off guard, I smile and was about to reply when he interrupt immediately.

" I go through your profile and there has not been any boyfriend. So you're single? " He said calmly.

I pinned him with my gaze and watch him slowly.

I smile, I had to.

He wants me to be his girlfriend. Because there's no way he would go out on his busy schedule as the heir of Claw foot club to check on my profile... right?.

And his stare as well send me this strange chill, I think he's dangerous.

I even think... NO! I stop myself from thinking, this is absurd.

He surely mean no harm, he just wants an answer . I assure myself calmly.

" I am single " I finally answered.

He exhaled deeply and sit back watching me.

" And you ? " I asked him clearly taking him off guard.

I smile inwardly. He won't deny ... right.

He is known for his waywardness but surprisingly he also did well in his profession.

I have heard from my female crews who usually gossip about him that he never mix his work with pleasure and I respect him for that. It's a perfect choice.

" Yes, I'm single as well " he said without blinking.

I open my mouth to accuse him but I quickly stop myself.

Who am I to disagree with him.

I quickly plaster my professional smile on my face and pick up my fork.

I chew the food slowly. I am aware that he was watching my every move.

I glanced up at him.

" It's delicious " I announced wanting to change the conversation.

He smiles at me , suddenly my cellphone buzz and I open my silver bag to retrieve it.

" Excuse me " I said and stood up.

I walk away from him to pick my call.

It was Larry, one of my crew member.

" You don't mean it... right? " He asked me furiously and I frown in confusion.

" Mean what ? " I asked confused. He sounds pretty upset and I don't know why.

We both are on a good term when I left. It's not as if we even have had any fight since he was assigned as my stylist.

His voice came again with a hint of sadness.

" You're not going to suspend modelling for a month right ? " He ask almost pleading.