Sam began to chuckle when Dean snarled his "Yes," to me.

The brothers walked around the room for a bit, trying to pick something up. I walked around exploring the apartment to see if I could find anything useful when I heard the distinctive beeping of a reader. I walked out of one of the rooms and found the brothers leaning in to look at something coming out of a hole in the wall, where the light switch was supposed to be.

"What's that?" Sam asked.

"What?"

"Holy crap," The tall hunter mumbled, rubbing something between his fingers. I walked up beside Sam, looking at something dark and sticky on his fingers. Dean reached over and touched the edge of the hole in the wall, and the substance stuck to him as well.

"That's ectoplasm," he hummed. "Well, Sam, I think I know what we're dealing with here. It's the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man."

I snorted out a laugh when Sam rolled his eyes, before I bent down to take a better look without actually touching it.

"Dean, I've only seen this stuff, like, twice. I mean, to make this stuff, you have to be one majorly pissed off spirit," Sam told his brother.

"All right, let's find this badass before he snags any more girls."

We were halfway down the hallway when we heard voices. Dean took hold of my arm and pulled me in behind a wall with him and Sam. I rolled my eyes, pushed him off, and got back out in the hallway recognizing the voice.

"Yeah, it's a great building, fixed it up real nice. All the apartments come furnished, too." A dark voice that I didn't recognize answered and the second later they rounded the corner, coming into view.

"It is so spacious. You know, my friend told me I absolutely have to come check it out, and I have to admit, she was right. You did a really good job with this place," Jo mused at the man who seemed to be the landlord. Sam and Dean got into the hallway behind me, and before I could greet Jo, Dean spoke.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"There you are, honey." She walked over to him and hung an arm around his waist. "This is my boyfriend Dean and our friends, Sam and Willow," she introduced us to the landlord.

"Good to meetcha. Quite a gal you've got here," the landlord said, shaking Dean's hand.

"Oh yeah, she's a pistol," Dean told him, smacking Jo's ass with a fake smile. Sam glanced at me, and we both rolled our eyes at his brother.

"So, did you already check out that apartment?" Jo asked, looking up at a confused Dean. "The one for rent."

"Yeah. Yes. Loved it. Heh. Great flow," Dean played along.

"How'd you get in?" The landlord asked, confused.

"It was open."

"Now, Ed, um, when did the last tenant move out?" Jo asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, about a month ago. Cut and run, too. Stick me for the rent," he told us, shaking his head slightly.

"Well. Her loss, our gain!" Jo continued smiling. "'Cause if Dean-o loves it, it's good enough for me."

"Oh, sweetie," Dean hummed, annoyance clear in his eyes as he smacked her ass again. Jo laughed and pulled out a wad of cash.

"We'll take it."

It didn't take us long to get all our stuff into the apartment, we piled it up in a heap on the floor, and while Dean checked his gun, I pulled out my knives and tucked them into my boots, getting ready.