Leo kept his palm on the back of Milan's neck, and pulled the other boy towards him. He finally connected their lips, a short but sweet kiss that finally made Milan shut up. Milan's eyes fluttered shut as he felt Leo's soft lips move against his.

"Thank god you finally shut up," Leo whispered as he pulled away.

His hand was still holding Milan's face close to him. Milan opened his eyes, a range of emotions went through his mind and body as he processed what just happened.

Leo had kissed him.

Leo had kissed him.

"What the fu—"

"You want to keep talking, or do you want me to kiss you again?" Leo asked, and Milan blinked as he stared at the handsome boy.

"The latter. Definitely the latter," Milan answered with an eager nod.

Leo smirked before leaning forward and closing the distance between them once again. He didn't have much, well, any experience in this field. So, he went with the flow and did what he felt was right. And it seemed like he was doing it correctly as he felt Milan grab onto his shoulders, trailing his hands down to his biceps.

The kiss wasn't hungry or heated, it was soft and innocent. And when they finally pulled away to take a breather, Leo rested his forehead against Milan's. He wondered if Milan could hear just how fast his heart was beating. He didn't even know it was possible to feel this thrilled after a simple kiss.

"I was definitely not expecting this to happen," Milan muttered, "not that I'm complaining. 'Cause, damn, wow."

"I like you," Leo stated.

"What? You do?"

"I've never done this before," Leo admitted.

"Done what before? Liked someone?" Milan asked.

"That, and uh, well anything. I've never done anything before. With anyone," Leo gulped as he confessed. Milan pulled back, as he looked at Leo with a shocked look on his face.

"Wait, seriously? Was this... Was this your first—" Milan's eyes widened as realisation hit him, "oh my god, and I was trying to kiss you that night! When I was drunk! Oh, thank fuck you didn't let me, I never would've been able to forgive myself!"

"It's okay," Leo chucked, "you don't need to apologise over and over again. It's fine."

"It's really not, but thank you," Milan muttered.

"What I wanted to say was that all of this is very new to me. I don't know how the whole dating thing goes and what I'm supposed to do next," Leo paused to lick his lower lip, "but I want to give it a try with you."

"I..." Milan just looked at Leo in disbelief, "This just isn't sinking in, I'm sorry. But you... You're so fucking hot! Like, you're handsome and you're smart and such a gentleman all the time! How have you not had a million girlfriends or boyfriends or both!?"

"I think you might be a bit biased," Leo chuckled as he gently swiped Milan's cheek with his thumb before resting his hands in his own lap, "you're the only one I've ever liked, Milan. The first and only one."

"Wow, is it weird that I feel sort of honored?"

"Well, you are special. To me." Leo shrugged, and Milan chuckled as he lightly shook his head.

"You're already nailing the being cheesy part, so I'd say you're pretty good at this whole thing already," Milan grinned.

"That's reassuring," Leo replied.

"Can I kiss you?" Milan questioned.

"You don't have to ask."

Milan smiled as he leaned forward again. Leo met him half way as they kissed for the third time in the past few minutes. Milan's insides felt like they were on fire as Leo entangled his fingers in the boy's hair, pulling him even closer as their lips moved.

"There's no need to rush," Milan said once they pulled apart, "we'll move at your pace."

"Are you sure you're okay with taking things slow?" Leo asked.

"Hundred percent," Milan nodded, "you have no idea how long I've waited to do this."

"If your constant blushing and stuttering was a clue, then I'm fairly certain I have an idea of how long," Leo said with a smirk, and on cue Milan's cheeks flushed red.

"Shut up," Milan muttered.

"Make me."

Milan was about to kiss him again, when the bell rang; the ultimate cockblock. Milan groaned in frustration as Leo chuckled and stood up. He raised his arm forward, and Milan held his hand and got up as well.

The two of them made their way back to the hallway where their next class was, totally forgetting that they didn't have a chance to grab anything to eat— but neither of them cared. Their classes were in separate directions, and they had to finally part ways.

Milan looked at Leo nervously as they stood staring at each other. Leo gave him a small smile as he leant forward to peck his lips, not caring about who was watching. Milan's stomach fluttered at Leo's openness, especially in public.

Leo turned around, and was about to walk away when Milan grabbed his arm to stop him. Leo looked at him, and raised an eyebrow in question.

"I like you too, by the way."

***

yep! they finally kissed!

also, I've published a new book — King's Guard (about Kingsley from Tense) so check that out as well!