Helping Hand

Prompt: Wally helping Artemis dry and brush her hair after a shower.

(many of the prompts I use are from the website https://atsuzaki-playground.neocities.org/ , I highly recommend this website when searching for OTP prompts. Please keep in mind that sometimes my story is a bit different from the prompt.)

Rated: Teen (for injury and blood) 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Wally was scrolling on his phone when he heard a frustrated scream echo across their apartment. It was Artemis.

Wally got to his feet as quickly as his sprained ankle would handle, hobbling over to the bathroom where Artemis had just finished having a shower. He leaned up against the wall and knocked on the door lightly, wincing as his ankle throbbed because of his previous movement.

"Babe? Everything okay?"

Artemis opened the door with tears of anger falling down her cheeks, dressed in a black tank top and fuzzy pajama bottoms. Her blonde hair was wet and messy, soaking her shirt, shoulders, and back. The bandage that covered her shoulder, the bandage that he had just put on her not 20 minutes ago, was completely wet, red staining the white cloth.

"My shoulder hurts, and my stupid hair isn't cooperating, Wally!" Artemis exclaimed, gesturing wildly with her hairbrush. Wally reached over and took the brush from her hand.

"I'll help you out, why don't you go to the couch and then I'll fix your hair."

Artemis nodded, took a deep breath, and eventually wrapped her good shoulder under his arm, helping him limp over to the couch, where Artemis sat down with her back towards Wally. Wally sat down behind her, placing his injured foot on the coffee table, and observed what he had to fix.

Her hair, admittedly, wasn't so bad. It was a bit tangled, but Artemis couldn't reach it with her wounded shoulder, so he would have to brush it out. What worried him was her shoulder. The bandage had to be changed before the stab wound got infected, or worse.

It was a simple mission, but every single member of the team had gotten hurt. Luckily none of them were in super bad shape, but it was getting frustrating. Artemis couldn't use her good arm, and Wally couldn't run. It was torture for both of them.

Yet, at least they were alive.

"I'm going to change your bandage first, okay?" Wally said, and Artemis nodded, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Go for it, Baywatch."

Wally reached across the couch where a discarded First-Aid kit sat, Wally knowing that he was just using it before to fix his own bandage on his wrist. It was only a small cut, but it bled nonetheless.

When he managed to grab fresh cloth, he gently pulled the strap of Artemis' tank top down lower on her arm and unwound the bandage from where it wrapped around her arm and shoulder.

Wally felt Artemis relax at his touch, and he smiled, knowing that she wasn't one to relax around anyone. Her skin was warm against his fingers, but he tried not to focus on it, instead focusing his attention on the wound.

It was bleeding, but the stitches were still intact, and for that Wally was grateful. He tried to clean it the best he could with the contents of the First-Aid kit, and soon wrapped it up again.

"How are you doing, Babe?" He asked quietly, and she sighed.

"I'm okay. Still hurts, though."

"Do you need medication? I might be able to grab some once I'm done here."

She leaned into his hands as he brushed her damp hair away from her neck. "Don't worry about it, you shouldn't be walking around."

"I'll be fine. Accelerated healing, remember?"

"Could've fooled me, speedster."

Wally then grabbed her brush and began working at her hair, going as gently as he could. She still flinched a couple of times when the brush got caught in her hair, but she didn't say a word.

"Wally?"

"Yes, beautiful?"

"How are you so good at this?"

Wally shrugged. "I don't know, it's not like I have any younger siblings or nieces that I could practice doing hair with."

"No, I mean taking care of people. Of me."

Wally leaned forward as well as he could and kissed her cheek lovingly.

"Babe, I love you, and I want to be there for you. It's not hard helping someone who I love. And I love you a lot, believe me ."

She chuckled as Wally kissed her once more, the speedster's hair rubbing against her forehead, his lips tender and full of affection.

"I love you too, Baywatch, and as much as I would love for you to kiss me even more you have to fix my hair."

Waly pulled away, laughing softly. "Right, right. I forgot about that."

Wally turned back to the task at hand as he felt Artemis run her hand along his leg that was propped up, the soothing touch making Wally smile even more.

It didn't take very long for him to brush her hair out, making her golden locks free of tangles, and he took his time making sure, once more, that her bandage was tightly secured on her wound.

"Alright, I'm all done."

Artemis turned back to Wally and ran her fingers through her hair, checking to see if Wally actually did it well. She let out a deep breath that she had been unknowingly holding, smiling.

"It's perfect. Thanks."

"Anytime."

Wally cupped Artemis' head in his hands lovingly, a small smile on his face. Artemis watched as his green eyes met hers, the brightness seen in them showing what she knew was only a fraction of his joy and love towards her. A love that she could never deserve.

Wally was so gentle, so kind, and Artemis knew that she was lucky to have him.

She didn't even realize that he was kissing her until she instinctively melted into it, kissing him back, tangling her hands into his hair. Her shoulder throbbed a bit, so she kept her movements gentle, and Wally did the same.

"I love you, Artemis Crock. More than anything." Wally breathed, and Artemis smiled against his lips.

"I love you too, Wally West. More than you know."