Parker lets out a low whistle. "Wow. This is a nice ass basement."

I chuckle nervously. "Ugh. Yeah. Thanks."

Parker moves to sit down on one of the couches. I sit across from him, not wanting to sit to close. The fine line between Parker and I have blurred together recently, and we haven't discussed what we are so I don't want to sit too close or come off in a certain way.

I tuck my knees into my chest. "So, what's up? Why did you show up to my house unannounced? I thought you were supposed to be at practice?"

"I had to skip today for a dentist appointment. I couldn't fit it in any other day or time. Trust me, I tried, so I had to skip today. Nothing important, but I stopped by your house after because I have some exciting news." Parker tries to hide his smirk, but it fails. He seems excited by this 'surprise', so I play along with him.

I instantly sit up straighter. "A surprise?" I ask, excitement laced in my voice.

"You know how I'm going to the best school in the entire world next year?" Parker proclaims.

I tilt my head towards the side. "Hm. That's debatable."

Parker looks at me shocked. "Oh, come on. We Are baby. Can't beat it."

I laugh, leaving the argument where it is. "Ok. Ok. What about it?"

"Well..." Parker reaches for something in his pocket, pulling out a folded piece of paper. He quickly unfolds it, and I realize there's two pieces of paper instead of one. Clearing his throat, Parker's eyes light up as he looks at the printed words. "I got us two tickets to the Penn State game tomorrow!" Parker says, excitedly.

I swear, time came to a complete stop as I take in the words Parker just spoke to me.

I don't remember when or how the tickets were placed in my hands, but there they are, staring at me. Tormenting me.

Oh my god. What the fuck am I supposed to do.

"Oh, don't worry." Parker cuts in. "I stopped by your house after school earlier this week when you were at a match, and I asked your parents for permission to take you this weekend and they agreed to it." I suck in a breath as I look up at Parker, and I shrink even further as he gleams with happiness and excitement. "Isn't this great! Not only do we get to go on another date, but you get to see Penn State! Where I'm going next year!"

I laugh dryly. Sure. Totally. Not like I agreed to go with my guy best friend and his family to the game yesterday, yet here you are, with tickets to the same game.

It's super sweet how Parker stopped by my house on his own time to ask my parents if it's ok with them for us to go this weekend, but there goes my excuse to by more time - not like I had much in the first place.

Parker notices my lack of response and enthusiasm, and his expression turns into a worried one. He places a hand on my knee, squeezing it lightly. "Juliana? You good?"

"Yeah. I'm good. Just... thinking." I put on a small smile at the end, hoping it'll ease his anxiety.

Parker runs a hand through his hair, pulling at it. "Did I overstep?" He asks. "Oh, I bet I did. I'm sorry. I just thought it would be nice to go on another date, and the game is this weekend and... and..." Parker takes in a deep breath. He grabs my hand, holding it, as his eyes bore into mine. "I wanted to show you something important to me. To show you that I care about you, and I am thinking about us."