𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 #37

𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦. 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦? 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺, 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘦. 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘮𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘢𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘺, '𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦.'

dave wrapped both arms around narnia, pulling her into him. wanting her to be closer to him.

narnia winced, feeling the pain immediately rush in the places he pushed against. she ignored it, never wanting their lips to separate. 

this was until dave squeezed even harder, making narnia sucked in a breath through her teeth,  winced, and jump back - throwing dave's hands off of her. she stood up, closing her eyes - waiting for the pain to subside. 

"oh, shoot. boo, you okay?" dave gently pulled narnia back over towards him, inspecting her bruises.  "yeah, i'm fine. it's okay." 

dave continued to look over her torso, waist area. "i'm sorry, boo. i didn't realize." his thumbs cautiously rubbed against her wounds.

narnia watched his thumbs slide across her stomach. dave leaned forward and planted small, light kisses on bruises that tainted her dark, brown-skin.

narnia immediately felt butterflies arise in her stomach. her breathing began to accelerate, and she felt her body becoming light. 

but, that feeling soon came to end - when dave's lips parted from her stomach. he smiled up at her, his eyes low, but happy. "do you feel better? is the pain gone?"

narnia took a few more seconds to catch her breath. ". . . yes, i'm okay, now. thank you."

"you sure?" dave questioned again, noticing a shift in her energy. 

"mhm." she nodded, smiling small.

"sit down, boo. why are you still standing?" dave said, guiding narnia into the seat next to his. 

he sighed, sitting back. turning his head, looking at her. 
narnia stared straight ahead, not sure how to process how she just felt. 
and dave knew it too.

he chuckled, using his hands on his knees to push himself up. "i'll be back, what do you want to eat, boo?" 

narnia slowly looked up at him. "um. . . the, um. . . tamales, fish, and rice dish. with a horchata." 

"bet," he leaned down and kissed her forehead. "i'll be back." dave said, lightly rubbing her chin - before he walked away. 

narnia let out the exaggerated breath she didn't know she was keeping in. she placed her hand lightly over her stomach, astonished by what just occurred. 

her first kiss! and it went so well, she didn't mess it up. she wanted all her kisses to feel the way that one did. she unknowingly had a bright smile on her face, replaying everything in her head over and over again. 

she looked out the window once more; loving how the orange contrasted with the pink sky - surrounding the puffed clouds, telling her the day was soon to end. and she'd be in new york city by the morning.