𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 #20

THE NEXT DAY

Wednesday
2:08 pm

narnia jumped up out her sleep.
she frantically grabbed her phone that was from under her to look at the time.

2:08 pm, it currently was. she was supposed to be at a job interview at 12:15.

"oh gammit! i overslept!" she crawled and hopped out of the bed, only for her legs to become caught up in the blanket - causing her to fall down.

"what's all that noise, man?"  she froze with her head up, and her body planted on the floor - as she heard a deep voice.

she squinted her eyes and stayed silent for a moment to see if the voice would come back or if she had been hallucinating things.

"hello? narnia?" the voice was more clearer now.

'oh right! that's dave.' she thought.

she stood up and grabbed her phone to see dave's number still on her screen from last night. she was too tired to even notice before.

narnia planted the phone to her ear. "dave? yeah, i'm sorry for waking you!" she apologized as she began to get ready. "i forgot you were on the phone."

he groaned in a tired tone. "it's cool. aye, didn't you have that interview?" he asked. narnia could hear shuffling from his side of the phone – meaning he was now getting ready to start his day too.

"uh. . . yeah, i missed it though. i need to go book another one."

"wow, how you missed it?" he asked, like he already didn't know.

"take a wild guess, love." she sarcastically replied.

dave laughed a little. "yeah, yeah, whatever. you have to get going though – hit me up when you're finished, aight?"

"i will." narnia promised, while brushing her teeth.

"oh, and narnia?" dave called out, waiting for to responded back.
"yes?" she answered.

"don't push yourself too hard, ma."

narnia paused for a moment, before feeling a flutter in her stomach – followed by a huge smile. "i won't." she replied.

"and you be safe." she told him, with a serious tone.

"always," he responded mawkishly. "one."

"seven."

dave smacked his lips, hearing narnia's laugh before she ended the call.

he shook his head with a slight smile on his face – he placed his phone down, and began to start his midday.

as dave walked into his work building, he heard music blasting in a distance.
'i pray that ain't tysheem, being stupid.' he thought to himself.

𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗲 𝗴𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝘂𝗽
𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗼' 𝘂𝗽
𝗯𝗶—, 𝗶'𝗺 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵-𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲
𝘄𝗲 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻' 𝟰'𝘀 𝘂𝗽
𝗶 𝗯𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻' 𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀, 𝗯𝗶—
𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗼', 𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗵