When You Can't Sleep

A/N: hey guys, I would really appreciate it if you could give me some feedback on how you're liking this book so far. Is there anything you want to criticise, something I could improve on, something you would like to see? It will help me adjust everything to make this reading experience as enjoyable as possible for y'all <3

𖤐 BOYS 𖤐

Itadori Yūji

Usually, Yūji would have a pretty deep slumber and barely anything could disturb him, meaning most nights he won't even know that you have trouble sleeping. But if he happens to wake up in the middle of the night or returns from a night mission and sees you're still awake, he will immediately demand an explanation. Whatever the reason, he would pull you close, rub your back and pat your head and play with your hair, whichever helps you calm down best and makes you drowsy. He will even quietly sing to you if it helps. Or he'll talk to you about various things to distract you from whatever's bothering you.

Fushiguro Megumi

He's not a light sleeper but also not a heavy sleeper like Itadori. He will wake up if you toss and turn a lot and tell you to stop moving. Then, he'd inquire why you aren't asleep at three in the morning like any other sane person. He'll figure out why you can't sleep with what little information you give him and he'll try to come up with a solution. Sometimes, he'll even resort to playing calming music and asmr on his phone. He'll stay up with you until you're tried enough to fall asleep. Then, he'll kiss your head and go back to sleep as well.

Inumaki Toge

Surprisingly, I think Toge is a light sleeper. He'll wake up when you move too much and many a night he himself will have trouble sleeping. You spend those hours of the night for some quiet and peaceful quality time together, cuddling and just enjoying each other's presence. Your head would be resting on his chest listening to his heartbeat, his hands would play with your hair and trace patterns on your back. Sooner or later, exhaustion would take over and you would fall asleep in each other's arms.

Gojo Satoru

For some reason, I have this headcanon that it's either too much or too little with Gojo — for this, he either goes to sleep super early (like Bakugou) because I think his cursed technique probably exhausts his energy, or he'll stay up well into the morning. Whichever is the case, if you're not sleeping, he's not sleeping. He'll set up a cozy living room, put on your favourite movie or show and watch it with you, quote it along with you and try to exhaust you by making you laugh too much and too hard. And once you're too tired to keep your eyes open, he'll turn off the tv and the lights, carry you to bed and cuddle you until both of you are fast asleep.

Nanami Kento

This man has a set bedtime. He won't go to sleep a minute sooner or later, or it would disturb his carefully timed routine. But if he notices how restless you are, he will reluctantly put his own needs below yours and figure out what's troubling you. He'll tell you the many reasons why sleep is important, but he's understanding that sometimes you cannot quiet your own mind. He's offering to talk it out and give you advice to the best of his abilities. Once Nanami succeeds in soothing your worries, he'll turn off the lights, pull you onto his chest and tell you to finally go to sleep.

Choso Kamo

Does he even need sleep in the first place? I'm sure he's capable of it, so he might use sleep as a luxury. He'll worry if he sees you struggling to fall asleep and he's open to trying every trick in the book to help you sleep — from trying different teas, meditation, rain sounds, even rocking you to sleep like a baby. And once you find what works best for you, he's determined to include it into your shared nighttime routine. Without fail, he will be by your side every night to watch over you as you drift into dreamland.

𖤐 GIRLS 𖤐

Kugisaki Nobara

This girl is a heavy sleeper like Itadori and she probably snores a little too but in an adorable way. She values her beauty sleep, so she'll be grumpy if you accidentally wake her and she'll scold you for not getting your own beauty sleep. But she will make an exception and stay awake with you to keep you company as she doesn't want you to lie in the darkness by yourself. When you talk, it's mostly about date ideas and fashion, and once Nobara starts talking about clothes there's no stopping her. She'll only shut up when you stop responding because you're fast asleep. Then, she'll smile, kiss you goodnight and cuddle into you before going back to sleep herself.

Zenin Maki

She values sleep to regain her energy for a new day of training and exorcising curses, hence she dislikes it when you aren't at your best game from lack of sleep. She'll consult a professional and get their opinion to try and find a solution that works for you as fast as possible. She'll make sure you follow the advice and take the necessary steps to improve your sleeping habits. She'll go as far as to spending every night with you, to the point where it has become a habit to share a bed. You'll switch up whose room you sleep in regularly, sometimes even setting certain days for it to help you establish a healthy routine.