Hankering.

song for this chapter:
Sweat - Zayn
(link added if you'd like to listen while reading!)
___________________________________

June 15
(1 week later)

Jarelle

The next morning after our impromptu date on the fire escape, Harry and I sat down on his living room floor and played some records while making some calls to the people Carson suggested.

We had a whole ass list of people we'd yet to call and the ones we already had. That's without counting the ones who left us on hold forever.

We kept trying every single day until finally by the end of that week, we finally got a call back from Lonnie, a state representative that was willing to adjust her schedule to set up an appointment for me to put in my application process for my permits and register my business.

She told me that basically the process was relatively short, just turn in some personal documents, fill in some forms and wait for the call to see if I got approved or denied. The only thing that would take up a little more time was setting up the shop after I had everything from permits to personnel.

Harry took me that same day to shop for a very put together outfit to impress in my meeting with Lonnie and helped me pick out every piece, even payed for it as a treat for "my fresh start."

I look at my reflection in the mirror and smooth my hands over my attire.

Harry found this beautiful long sleeve off white bodysuit with a square neckline that accentuates my chest, but not enough to give the wrong impression.

In a rack close to that bodysuit was an amazing pair of light brown dress pants that went perfectly with the suit.

I had the perfect pair of strapped heels that matched the pants, along with some gold earrings and a small black handbag for my essentials, given the fact that I was carrying an entire portfolio at my side that had every document I needed to turn in.

The familiar scent of soft oak takes over my senses and soothes my anxiety about my meeting when an inked pair of arms slink around my waist and pulls me to their embrace.

Harry's chin comes to rest on my shoulder as we both look at my reflection on the mirror, him shamelessly giving me a once over before licking and biting his bottom lip to suppress a smirk.

"You look beautiful, baby." He turns and presses a kiss below my ear, continuing a trail towards my shoulder before his chin finds home on my shoulder once again.

"Thank you, Stud." I rest my cheek against his temple. "I just... I'm scared."

"Why?" He frowns in concern.

I turn around to face him and wrap my arms around his waist, him bringing his hands up to cradle my head against his chest and rest his chin on top of my own head.

I press my forehead right above where his heart lies, feeling the steady rhythm of his heartbeats thudding against his sternum.

I focus on the solace it gives me when I feel my own rise accompanied with my anxiety skyrocketing at the thought of me possibly flanking this entire opportunity.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours, mm?" He pulls back and notices the tired appearance on my face, kissing my forehead to soothe my somber expression. "Talk to me, baby."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath before saying, "I'm scared. I've been trying to be positive and not project any negativity onto this, but I can't help it. This is something I've been working on with Carson's help for ages now and the day's finally here. I don't think I'd ever forgive myself if I fuck this up."