the mentioning of her name whenever fez talked about her only made my mind flash with memories and moments of us, so close to each others faces.

i loved those moments, looking at her features, unique and beautiful. it was art to me, like how others would watch the sky and visit galleries. she was mine to observe at and take in her comeliness.

why did i feel like this?

was it in lust? in love? in sympathy?

i didn't know and i was scared to find out.

valerie

--

school started. this was exactly what i was dreading, walking down the corridors engulfing and choking in layers of sweat and cologne. i never minded the smell of cologne, especially mens. i loved the strong smell of musk and wood on them.

but this smell was axe body spray. nowhere close to that omnipresent smell on the older men.

it was disgusting and vibrant in the worst way possible.

i walked slowly with a lesson planner in my hand. i had math class first period, double. i might as well just kill myself.

as i was walking i saw the girls bathroom in the distance, i needed to pee so i headed towards it.

i went in and saw rue in there with a bunch of other really pretty girls sitting either on the sinks or standing towards it to see their reflection of theirselves in the large elongated mirrors. rue saw me walk in and smiled, 'hey val,' she said which made all the other girls turn their head to me as they heard the unknown name come out rues mouth. i laughed awkwardly and put my hands in my pockets. fuck i was terrible at this.

not to mention that i also looked terrible too, deep and dark shadows under my eyes and a dark blue hoodie over my head. 'hi rue.' i said looking around. 'you're the new girl right?' one of the girls said. i nodded and continued to look around nervously. 'oh my god, you're so rude, im maddy,' one of the prettier girls said walking speedily in my direction before hugging me. i hugged her back awkwardly and she pulled back. she pulled a confused look while looking at me. 'were you the girl who got carried by tray?' she asked still pulling that confused look.

i looked around the room again to see everyone's eyes burning holes into me. i was puzzled with the unfamiliar nickname before realising she meant ash. 'uh, yeah i was.' i said while pressing my lips together waiting for someone to say something. 'so you and ash?' rue said breaking the silence and wiggling her eyebrows. 'no it's not like that, he's a friend.' i said smiling slightly.

'ash has friends? no way.' maddy said laughing with rue which made me join in. 'believe it or not,' i said as the tension in the bathroom lifted and became lighter.

all the girls started to introduce themselves to me which made me feel a little better than i was this morning.

they all told me their lessons to help me make my way around the school without getting lost. only lexi had pretty much the same lessons as me. i didn't mind because she seemed extremely nice.

--

school went by fast and it was already last period. five more minutes till the bell rang and i got to go home back to my room, laying in my bed thinking about ash again.

this whole day i went by thinking about ash only twice. yes i counted.

those two times were during lunch break and now in last period. the other times was me just panicking about where the classrooms where.

the bell finally rang and everyone stood up grabbing their bags before walking out. i followed the cramped students and walked out with them.

as the cold air and bright light from outside hit me i saw a certain curly haired girl standing out in the parking lot waving her hand over her head. 'valerie!' she shouted as i walked towards her. 'hi rue, again.' i said smiling at her. 'walk with me to fezcos shop?' she asked while a smile reaching her lips.

i hesitated for a moment before nodding and taking my arm into hers.

au
i was waffling so mb
please tell me how i did and give constructive criticism if you can and want to since i want to make my writing better🙏
i actually hated this chapter so im sorry, i might rewrite it later but idk

1339 words