•~chapter fifteen: an emergency...study session?~•

Start from the beginning

The group bent their heads down, and they began to study. Minutes began to pass, and then Tanjiro said something.

"Um...for English." Tanjiro said, looking down at his paper. "What is 'She is bad at communication, although people often speak to her' in Japanese?"

"Oh oh! I know this one, Onii-Chan!" Nezuko said, looking up from a game she was playing on her phone.

Nezuko cleared her throat, and said, "Anata ga kanojo o aishite iru koto o hitei suru no o yame nasai, kanojo ni tazunete, sudeni kokuhaku shite kudasai."

She was pointing at Kanao discreetly, so only Tanjiro could see. Tanjiro began blushing, and said, "Um, that's the wrong answer! On second thought, I could just find it online..."

Tanjiro found the correct answer online with his phone, and he scribbled it down on his paper with haste, while Kanao looked at him curiously. (The correct answer was: Kanojo wa komyunikēshon ga nigatedesuga, hitobito wa shibashiba kanojo ni hanashikakemasu.)

For a few more minutes, Kanao, Inosuke, and Tanjiro all were doing their homework, while Nezuko and Zenitsu either watched them or played games.

They nearly finished with all their work, when Inosuke decided to talk.

"So, disciples, did you guys have a super awesome summer break?" Inosuke asked, while he drew boars on his paper.

"Yeah...well, except for the first week, since we all stayed home." Tanjiro said. "Although, the bakery is always doing great!"

"We did go to the pool!" Nezuko said, while Zenitsu nodded. "Nii-chan and I brought our siblings 40 times this summer!"

"You actually counted the times that we went to the pool, Nezuko?" Tanjiro asked. "Come to think of it, we did spend most of our time at the pool...oh, and has your knee healed from tripping over that bump, Kanao~san?"

Kanao nodded.

"And we also went to that festival, remember?" Zenitsu said. "It was so hard to get that...Moontendo Lite, but Kanao~chan got it!"

'I wasn't even thinking at the time.' Kanao wrote, as a smile spread across her face.

"Hey, nii~chan, didn't you do Candy Cutting?" Nezuko asked. "Where was your prize?"

"Oh...I forgot to get that." Tanjiro said, while Nezuko sighed and muttered 'too bad!'

"And also last week! Meznuko, you're really intense when playing Swamp Bros!" Inosuke said appreciatively, which was a very rare feat for him.

"Thank you." Nezuko said in a satisfied tone. "You finally realized that I'm better than you in gaming?"

"Hey! Don't go saying things like that to your boss!" Inosuke shouted angrily.

While Nezuko and Inosuke were bickering, Kanao blushed, and she tried her hardest not to cry.

But of course, all her friends noticed this and they began to panic.

"W-what's wrong, Kanao~chan?" Nezuko asked.

"Did we do something to hurt or offend you?" Zenitsu asked. "If we did, we're really really sorry!"

Kanao slowly shook her head, and she wrote something down in her notebook.

'Sorry, I'm fine...but...'

'...for the first time, I really don't want summer break to end.'

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Nezuko all smiled at Kanao, since she was breaking out of her shell, having some heartfelt feelings, and she was enjoying summer break.

But then, Tanjiro jolted when he saw little TEARS come to Inosuke's eyes as well.

"I don't want it to end either! I still have homework! Argh!" Inosuke grumbled.

"Well then, that's enough talking! We'd better get to work!" Tanjiro said, now flipping open his notebook.

--

Kanao and Zenitsu went home. Nezuko went up to her room, Tanjiro finished, but Inosuke didn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry that there was no update yesterday, guys! I had some work and test prep to do.

Thanks for reading this chapter! I've decided to add a small section of "Author's Notes" at the bottom of the chapters, so that you can understand some things that may have been confusing.

Here you all go!

Notes:

- Remember when Nezuko gave Tanjiro the wrong answer to the English homework, and Tanjiro blushed? She told him the wrong answer on purpose, and she actually said: "Stop denying that you love her, ask her and confess already." while pointing to Kanao. ☺️😏😏

- For the people who know the Komi Can't Communicate plot: Sorry that I didn't add the part for the summer job. I had to cut a bit of the break short, since I don't want to copy the KCC plot exactly.

That's all for the Notes! Also, there's 6 more OC slots! I might make my own, but if you want to make a request, go ahead!

That's all for me...don't forget to comment, vote, and maybe follow me!

Bye guys! See you all in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1257 Words ❤️