•~chapter eleven: haircut~•

One particular weekend, Kanao was sitting in her room, lazing around on her bed as she skimmed a fashion magazine.

Occasionally, her eyes flitted over to the dress that Tanjiro had chosen, which was hanging on the outside of her closet.

Kanao headed over to the mirror, and held the hanged dress against her body, modeling it in the mirror to see how it looked.

Her eyes strayed from the dress and went to her bangs, which were now getting quite fluffy and a little longer.

Kanao stood still a moment, and then she gave a 'hmph!' of determination, for she had just come to a decision.

She was going to go get herself a haircut!

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

Kanao stood at the front door, trembling. She was dressed up in the summer dress that Tanjiro had chosen.

Maybe she didn't think this decision through...

Shinobu had come to the front door with Kanao, sweatdropping at the indecisiveness of her younger adopted sister.

"I can go with you, you know..." Shinobu mumbled, only to receive a response of Kanao shaking and waving her hands around frantically, as if she was screaming 'No way, nee-chan!'

"Okay okay...are you really sure you'll be fine on your own, though?" Shinobu asked, sweatdropping as Kanao jumped away from the door because a cicada was on the doorstep.

Kanao nodded her head vigorously.

And with that, she stepped out the door, bits of determination filling each step as she walked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

???'s POV:

Hi there! I'm a worker at this hair salon, and my name is...Mitsuri Kanroji!

Normally, I attend a local art college or do other odd jobs around Kimetsu City...but today is different!

I'm working as a shampooer at the salon!

But what I really wish to do...is to become a perfect hairstylist like my boss!

I went outside to sweep the sidewalk. After all, how are we going to get business if our storefront is messed up?

I took the broom and began to sweep outside. Then, I suddenly feel a presence in front of me.

It must be a customer! I'd better greet them as soon as possible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV:

Kanao stood in front of the salon's door, trembling, and debating whether she should go in or not.

Suddenly, a girl with pink and green hair tied in braids approached her. She held a broom and dustpan and was wearing an apron.

"Hello, are you coming to be a customer at this salon?" she asked. Kanao only continued to tremble.

Even Mitsuri began to tremble as Kanao didn't respond to her question.

Is she a customer, or just a passerby? Mitsuri thought, panicking. Did I screw up or not?

Kanao only continued to shiver, making Mitsuri even more uncomfortable and nervous.

The two stood on the sidewalk, just staring at each other, trembling, and shaking for what seemed like forever.

At least, until the small clearing of a throat brought them back to the present.

The throat clearing had come from a woman in her late twenties. She looked particularly stern, with a businesslike black bun and a serious look on her face. But when she saw Kanao, her eyes softened a bit.