•~chapter thirteen: summer festival~•

Kanao was sitting at her desk one night, just reading a manga.

Suddenly, her phone vibrated, signifying that someone had messaged her. Kanao picked up her phone, and opened up her messages.

There was one message, and it was from Inosuke. With trembling fingers, Kanao opened the notification, and it read:

Hi disciple! There's a summer festival tomorrow night. I want you to come along, with Pontaro and his sister and Bonitsu!

P.S. Wear some kind of yukata thingy!

Kanao jolted when she read the words 'summer festival'. A summer festival would mean a lot of people, and a lot of crowds...

Oh...but Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Zenitsu would be there...Kanao would be fine, right?

Kanao took a deep breath, and began writing a reply to Inosuke...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tanjiro stood under the lights of a booth, fidgeting.

Inosuke had asked him to come to the summer festival. And for some reason, Inosuke wanted him to be dressed in a yukata...for some reason...

Tanjiro was wearing a green and black checkered yukata, with a maroon haori over it.

There's no one else here that's wearing a yukata...could it be that Inosuke just made a mistake? Tanjiro thought, now beginning to enter 'panic' mode.

He heard a small 'ahem' behind him, and he turned around. He immediately began to blush.

Kanao stood behind him. She was wearing a beautiful pink kimono with a green and brown bottom, and her hair was tied in her normal side ponytail.

Tanjiro stood speechless for a while. Kanao jolted, because he was acting weird. She was afraid she looked odd.

"Y-you...you look amazing, Kanao!" Tanjiro finally managed. Kanao jolted, and she began digging through her purse.

Her purple eyes began to fill with tears, as she couldn't find a certain something in her purse.

"Oh...did you forget your notebook?" Tanjiro asked. Kanao nodded slowly, trying not to cry.

"Oh, oh! Don't cry, Kanao!" Tanjiro said in panic. "Is there something you really want to tell me?"

Kanao nodded, and she took a deep breath.

"Y-you....l-loo- loo...loo...loo..." Kanao tried. She trailed off, as she couldn't say what she wanted to say.

"It's okay. You could tell me later, if you can!" Tanjiro said kindly. Kanao nodded slowly, but she was interrupted by a loud outburst.

"Hello, Kentaro and Chanao!" Inosuke shouted. Trailing behind him were Nezuko and Zenitsu.

Tanjiro jolted, because Inosuke wasn't wearing a yukata, even though he was the one that said to wear one. He wasn't particularly bothered by this, and they followed him through the festival.