121

Adelaide didn't think she was a crybaby. Yes, up until now, she had not cried in front of her demons or that was what she chose to believe. Tears of joy, often, but she didn't always cry because she was sad.

That was why she was embarrassed to even think about herself now. Caladium wasn't terribly angry and didn't say anything bad. If he was tired, she could give him a hug or something.

Why am I crying over this? Adelaide bit her lip, trying to control her feelings.

But when she remembered the cold face that had just passed her, her eyes clouded again. She felt strange. Even though she knew that was not the case, she felt heartbroken, and sadness and sorrow intertwined in her heart. This was something she had felt for the very first time.

The tip of her nose ached even more as she remembered Caladium's face and low voice which had been kind to her. Her disappointment came crashing down like a wave.

Lisianthus stared at Adelaide with a stern expression on his face. He seemed shocked. For he found sorrow, that was unlike her, upon her face. His golden eyes shook faintly. The corners of her mouth, which always formed a soft smile in front of him, were severely contorted.

As she met his gaze, Adelaide tried to manage her expression. She was ashamed to show such a face to Lisianthus.

She was about to make a vague excuse saying that something was in her eyes. Lisianthus, who had only thought of how to comfort her, looked vicious, and then suddenly moved away. Towards Caladium's room.

"Lisian!"

Adelaide hurriedly grabbed his collar. She could understand instinctively. If she doesn't catch him now, Lisianthus will run straight to Caladium. She can't let her two devils fight because of her own sensitive reaction.

"Let me go, master."

Lisianthus asked in a gentle tone that was no different than usual. However, the energy that radiated around him was not gentle at all. Adelaide acted quickly.

"It's time to go say hello to the crew! Let's go together, Lisian. Okay?"

She desperately changed the subject. She even wrapped her arms in fear that he would shake her hand and leave. Lisianthus stood still and was silent. The gaze staring at Caladium's door was very frightening.

"... Alright."

He followed Adelaide after letting out a low sigh. There was also a small sound of grinding teeth.

However, after passing through the first living space and arriving at the second living space, and even after meeting her demons, Lisianthus still did not have a good expression. It seemed to be getting worse. Sigh, I was emotional for no reason. Adelaide regretted it. It was obvious that Lisianthus was so angry because he thought Caladium had made her cry. In fact, Caladium did nothing wrong.

She concluded that her own adverse reaction was similar to the 'Empty Nest Syndrome'. It was something that she learned one day after overhearing warriors. The sadness you feel when an adult child leaves the nest. Although Caladium was older than her, it made a lot of sense, as she had often regarded him as her child. It must have been disappointing that the man who had always been by her side and flirted with her suddenly changed.

'Caladi isn't really my child, and he could have a secret. Being touched when you're tired is something that everyone hates.'

With this conclusion, her confused mind improved a little. However, it was true that she still got depressed when she thought of what happened earlier, so Adelaide tried not to think of Caladium as much as possible.