92

Thud Thud Thud.

The sound of rough footsteps drew closer. Adelaide couldn't sleep, but even in her dazed state, she could easily identify the identity of the demon who was approaching her room now.

There was only one p*nk in her dungeon who walked around so loudly. She slowly raised her upper body and stared at the open door with an expectant look.

However, an unexpected person quickly appeared next to Pia.

"Adele."

Instead of bright red hair, gleaming silver hair caught her eye. Adelaide, who had just lifted her upper body, widened her eyes.

"Lisian...?"

Lisianthus, who was always elegant and polite, and Lisianthus who looked at Caladium with contempt when he ran around like an animal in the dungeon, came running with heavy footsteps. He even looked like he had hastily fastened his shirt buttons which were misaligned by one.

Adelaide could not hide her surprise because he was the one who adhered to neat attire in any situation.

"What happened-"

Adelaide couldn't finish her words. It was because a firm yet warm thing blocked her mouth. Her eyes wrinkled in bewilderment. A button was visible in front of her. It was one of the incorrectly fastened shirt buttons.

"... Adele."

He called her name again in a low, hoarse voice.

"You kept... you didn't open your eyes..."

His chest touching her forehead trembled slightly. She felt a desperate hand touch her. The veins on his arms were clear as he embraced her.

"I thought I was going crazy."

His voice came out like a rugged scratch. This was the first time she had seen him react so emotionally. Adelaide sat still, as she soon wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Sorry."

Her memories slowly returned as she was held in his arms. Everything. From the memory just before she collapsed, to the memories she faced not knowing whether it was a dream or a real encounter.

The first emotion she felt was regret. She had so many things to apologize for that it made it difficult for her to open her lips.

I should've listened to Lisianthus.

No, I shouldn't have done anything wrong to Lupin in the first place.

Countless regrets filled her head.

"I'm sorry for worrying you..."

Adelaide said as she buried her face in his chest. Instead of answering her, Lisianthus hugged her tightly.

"And... Thanks, Lisian. For coming to the rescue."

"... It's natural. I just regret not coming sooner."

"No, you came quickly enough."

Adelaide patted Lisianthus on the back. Somehow, she felt like he needed to be consoled.

Then Lisianthus' hand on her shoulder got tighter.

"... Adele."

He slowly pushed Adelaide away. Soon, Lisianthus' beautiful face came into view. He was looking straight at her, furrowing his well-groomed eyebrows.