82

Gasp. Gasp.

Hot breath warmed her throat.

Adelaide's throat hurt as she continued to breathe heavily. Her limbs were trembling.

This was caused by the magic that flowed beyond the inner portal.

Although she was already quite far away, the energy was so strong that her head felt dizzy. Her vision continued to blur even more but Adelaide tried to endure it. It was because she was very familiar with the scent.

'Caladi...!'

Since it was very similar to the energy that Adelaide enjoyed absorbing, it was clearly Caladium's energy.

Contrary to the usual, wherein he seemed to moderately restrain it, the concentration was strong enough to be poisonous because of the continuous overflow.

But at the very least, she was certain. This was proof that Caladium was still safe. So even though her body was trembling, her mind was at ease.

However, she couldn't be relieved just from this. The fact that Caladium emitted this level of never-before-seen magic meant that the Legend he was dealing with was just as strong.

Not only that, but it also meant that the fight was still ongoing. So Adelaide did not stop and continued her steps.

'Just a little bit, just a little bit more!'

Adelaide pulled out the dungeon pad with her other hand that was not holding Bell and checked the screen.

[Install a short-distance portal to Esperanza at the end of the dungeon.]

As soon as Adelaide rode the inner portal, she prepared the dungeon pad. She was trying to create a portal to escape.

It was fortunate that one of the Skeletons brought the dungeon pad. Another was even running around carrying the B-Class magic trash can. They judged the situation much more calmly than the dungeon owner, Adelaide, and packed the important things even in the midst of an urgent situation.

As soon as Adelaide was handed the dungeon pad, she quickly bought a short-range portal installation magic stone and used it immediately. Normally, she would hear a machine sound asking her to specify the installation location.

However, when the Legend broke into the dungeon, she did not hear any warning sounds as if there was something wrong with the dungeon. When she felt a severe vibration, it seemed that the malfunction erupted during the battle between the Legend and Caladium.

If she could, she would have opened a portal to Belial and gotten help from the Demon King's castle, but that was out of the question. Long-distance portals took several days to install.

Moreover, because she destroyed the portal they installed in Mediar recently, it was not possible to purchase long-range magic stones now. The Demon King had restricted repurchase to prevent frequent installation and closure.

Esperanza was the only place they could go to and get help from other demons because a portal going there could be installed now, and it wouldn't take as long. Fortunately, there were a lot of high-level demons there, so she was sure they could be of help somehow.

'I have to help Caladi somehow...!'

First of all, she planned to evacuate her demons and ask for help even if she had to spend all the money she had. She didn't know if Lisianthus would arrive in time.