Chapter Ten

The cherub stared intently at the screenshot of Y/n's timetable in her hands, paying close attention to each period. She had classes in Science and Sorcery, Crownculus, Grimmnastics, Debate and Hexonomics. Now it was just a matter of memorizing them.

Several minutes later, she came up with a plan. Since Y/n was busy from nine to two, it would be appropriate to strike either in the morning, at lunchtime, or to convince her to skip her extracurricular activities. With a sigh from her lips, she realized that it would be a bit more difficult, but that she would have more privacy, so she decided to go with option three. 

Her eyes then fell on her bow and arrow. "Only two more?" She pondered, "I need to reload right now." Not that she was hoping she would make a mistake, but that she was ready for such a possibility. As a result of the situation with Cleo and Clawdeen, her Monster High days left a bad taste in her mouth as her role as the love-maker and the thought of her old friends returned. 

If they knew how she was now, what would they think? 

No, no, no! They weren't on her mind now, she was in Ever After High and was staying there, she was there with her. All of this was for her, for once she felt like a person, a person with feelings, not a love-maker or someone sending someone else's valentine.  She was grateful for Y/n for being so perfect. 

She was goofy, hardworking, organized, sweet, and effortless at managing her after school clubs. Though she wanted to talk about Y/N more, she needed to collect some arrows for later.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Cupid's blue eyes were fixated on the clock that hung above Mr. Jack B Nimble's head. She could feel her freedom getting closer by the second as the second hand spun closer to two o'clock.

Students cheered as the satisfying sound of a bell rang across the school building in just a blink of an eye.

Her hands were raised in the sky as Cupid rose up from her stool. Miles away, her smile was visible. Walking to Y/n's final class, Hexonomics, she patiently waited for you outside the classroom, trying to think of the most appropriate question to ask.

A few minutes later, she spotted Y/n among the crowd of students leaving the class. She ran towards her and smiled brightly.

"Hello Y/N!" Cupid told the female, hugging her a little tight.

It was obvious that Y/n was awestruck by the magnitude of the impact when she stuttered, "H-hello!"

"I have a question for you, Cupid!"

 "M-me too!" 

"It's okay to go first, don't worry!" She comforted the cherub, her foot tapping once the announcement was made. 

She hesitated. "Would you mind skipping your after-school clubs today? Just to hang out...with me?" She asked nervously as she gulped.

"I-um-sure! Today and only today though!" Cupid nodded her head eagerly.

 "How about we take a walk through the Enchanted Forest?" She proposed but it sounded more like a confident statement. 

"That sounds great, I'll tell the club membe-"

"They can wait! It'll only be a few minutes till we're done walking around, you can hext them and then we can hang out even more!" 

"I-I suppose so." Without a word, Cupid grabbed Y/n's arm and dragged her out of the school quickly. 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

A slight breeze caused the leaves in the Enchanted Forest to rustle, causing them to fall quickly on the ground.  The flowers cloak the fresh-cut grass in their vast blooms. Daisies in bright sun colours, lilies in vivid purple hues, hydrangeas in carrot hues, and cotton candy pink hyacinths decorate the garden.  The ground, moist from the night before, caused the two girls to almost slip, keeping them on their toes for the rest of the journey.