The Surprises Just Keep Coming {Ch.5}

Mulai dari awal

When dad heard me he stopped dead in his tracks "Oh thank god your here. Your mother wants everyone in fancy clothes tonight and I cant catch those little demons to save my life" he said out of breath.

I looked at him like he was insane "Dad you and Mom are Alphas" I said really slow like I was explaining to a two year old.

He was silent for a second then sighed "Pups get over here" he said with authority. They ran right over here "You will wear these clothes tonight at dinner, Understood?" he said reaching the clothes to one of them. They nodded and ran off probably to go play until right before dinner.

As soon as they left I burst out laughing. I couldn't help it him and mom have been Alphas for at least seventeen of eighteen years now and they barely use the power the comes with it.

I finally stopped and dad gave me a bored look "Done?" he asked. I nodded yes but let out another giggle. He glared "Your mother wanted you earlier, she got home earlier than you so she's in the living room watching TV" he said then walked off sulking. He's just a big baby sometimes. I went into the living room and mom was on the couch watching House M.D.

"You wanted to tell me something?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah the twins are coming home for a while" she said her eyes never leaving the dramatized TV show.

"WHAT! When?!" I freaked. The twins are two eighteen year old boys that are part of the pack. They came to the pack when they were thirteen. Their parents had abandoned them in town somehow, I always wondered what kind of parents could do such a thing to their children. Mom and dad took them in and raised them, The odd thing is that they aren't Werewolves they are Werepanthers. They go to college a pretty long drive away so they don't live here. I always dread them coming over. I love them just like they are my brothers but they have a tendency to be huge pranksters and are extremely protective of me, just like Conner since I'm the only girl.

The show went on a Commercial and mom looked at me "Yeah, they said some weird stuff was going on over at the college so they dismissed classes for a while" she said looking concerned just like any mother would.

"When?" I asked. "They should be here before dinner actually, which you need to go get ready for" Mom shooed me away. Great, I have to put up with the twins, wear uncomfortable clothes, and a suck up rouge.

I ran upstairs and to my room rummaging through my closet pulling out a dress I haven't wore in a while. I put up my hair into a classy bun and left some fringe down, then put on heavy eyeliner and clear lip gloss. I was ready pretty early so I went down to the living room. "I'm going to take a walk" I told mom.

She gave me a pleading look "Please be careful" she asked. I nodded and left. Mom has always been cautious of me going to walk in the woods, but every time I asked why she just tells me she had a bad experience in there once. I walked through the woods taking in the fresh air and hearing the faint click of my heels against the usually solid path.

I got about one third of the way through the path and felt eyes on me, but not just one pair but two. I slowed my walk and took a sniff of the air. Whoever it was had took great care to cover their scent so I had stopped by now and decided these people could be a threat. I changed into my wolf quickly. My ice blue eyes cold as the Arctic and my fur black as night. I caught some scent but before it could register I was pinned to the ground and without looking at my opponent I bit their leg and a feline like roar was let out then I kicked them off me and jumped up looking for the other one I knew was lingering somewhere.

'Woah, Monet stop before you kill Aaron' I heard in my head and I stopped dead in my tracks. I took a hard look at my attackers, They were two huge black panthers with yellow human like eyes.