Then Lavanya walked through the door, and he forgot to breathe until Akash nudged him.

"Woah."

Anjali sighed happily. "I love that look when they see their bride for the first time. Akash, Chote, and now NK."

Aman's mother smiled. "It won't be long, my dear, until my Aman looks at you like that."

Anjali startled, then blushed.

From behind them, Payal smiled.

What a perfect day, to see all her loved ones so happy.

If only Daksh didn't hang over them like a dark cloud.

Shuddering, Payal pushed thoughts of him aside.

Forget him. He was probably somewhere far, far away right now. If he was smart, he'd never try to come in front of them again.

Or so she thought.

***

"Could you spare a bite of food?" The beggar pleaded.

The guard sighed. "One moment." He glanced at the other guard. "Keep an eye on him."

He went to the intercom and asked Om Prakash to bring some food out. They generally didn't get many beggars out here, but Anjali Ma'am always insisted that if one happened to wander their way, they didn't return empty handed.

To their surprise, once the beggar had the food, he didn't leave. Instead, he wandered a few feet away, plopped down and began to eat.

"Should we tell him to leave?" The guard wondered aloud.

"Let him eat," the other one said. "He's not bothering anyone."

And true enough, when the beggar was finished, he simply got up and left.

The guards watched his back until he was out of sight.

They didn't see his pleased smirk.

And why wouldn't he be pleased? He'd walked brazenly in front of his enemies' house, eaten their food, and they were none the wiser. And they would remain ignorant until he revealed himself.

Fools.

***

"Thank you for the ride, babua," Buaji said as Arnav helped her out of the car.

"You wouldn't thank Khushi, so there's no need to thank me," he replied.

He and Khushi walked Buaji to the door. Arjun Bhai and Vristhi Bhabi had to leave the wedding early because one of the kids wasn't feeling well, and Arnav had volunteered to bring Buaji back later.

"Well, aren't you sweet?" Khushi teased as she and Arnav walked back to the car.

He waited until they were inside, then leaned over the console. "Am I? Why don't you have a taste and find out?"

She pushed him back. "Perv. Focus on your driving."

He grinned, and pulled the car out of parking. "Admit it. You like my perviness."

"In your dreams."

"For sure. But also in reality, too."

"You–" her phone rang. "It's Barun."

"The brat."

"Hush. I told you, he's better now." She picked up the video call. "What is it, Barun?"

"Ma'am, I wanted to discuss–woah. You look really nice."

"Watch it," Arnav said sharply.

Khushi gave him a look before turning her attention back to Barun. "Thank you. We're on our way back from a wedding. What did you want to discuss?"