“Has everything gone alright since I was gone?” Link asked the wolf, apparently not hearing the baby. And why is there a baby here?

“Yeah, yeah.” Gregg stated as we walk up the corridor. “Its just a little hectic here today, we gotten two more just a week ago.”

“Oh, right Lisa and Jim was expecting, but wasn't Wendy coming to help?” Expecting? What are they expecting?

“Yes, but she isnt coming until tomorrow so I think Jack will be happy to see you.” He grins at Link, but after finding out he is mated, my wolf seemes at ease.

The crying increases, as a door opens and a small figure comes running out from the end of the hallway, heading straight towards us or to be more specific towards my mates feet. The puppy whimpered and tried to hide behind Links legs.

“Hey Vinny” my mated cooed, bending down and scratching the babys fur. The baby whimpered some more, reaching up, standing on two paws and Link easily lifted him up. “What's the matter?”

The baby shoved his face into his arms wanting comfort and my mate gladly gave it to him, patting and kissing his soft fur.

I still could hear a baby crying in the distance, so they had several children? How many?

Rapid footsteps were heard, and a man holding a crying baby appeared from the same door. He sloved down as soon as he spoted us. “Link!” the man exclaimed, looking very relieved.

“Jack” my mate greeted him. “I hear you got your hands full”

“Well you heared right, are you staying a bit or..” Jack's eyes went between me and my mate “are you just saying hello?”

“Oh we can stay a bit and help out” Link smiling up at me a bit carefully “Right?”

We are? What exactly entels helping out? And how many children do they have?

I quickly mind link my mate – how many children do they have?

I dont want to be rude but in need of a quick head count here, and im positiv im hearing another baby crying now.

“Um.. there are about ten children here now” he turned towards Jack “Right Jack”

“Ten children?” I ask in disbelief, Jack couldn't be more than what 25? and its a lot harder for a man to get pregnant, they must have been very lucky. “Wow, congratulations, that's impressive”

They all laughed.

Great what did I say wrong now?

“Um no” my mate smiles “This is the packs day care center, which Jack runs”

“Oh... yeah I heard something about that” and that makes so much more sense. I take another look at my surroundings with new eyes.

“Were staying a bit” Link exclaimes to Jack. ”We do as usual you take the  newborns and i'll take the toddlers”

“Perfect I have another diaper to change, and I think I hear little princess waking up.” He scurried down the hall and out a door while calling over his shoulder “howl if you need me”

Link and Gregg leads us into the other rom the baby Vinny came from before.

Toys slung around everywhere, there were stuffed toys, lego, dolls and what not scattered all over the floor. And in the midst several small wolves were playing all around, barking, growling and I think one is singing.

“Link, you alright in here?” Gregg looks questioningly at my mate “I'm already running a bit late for my job, so if you dont mind me leaving?”

“Yes of course! We can handle it” my mate grinned mischievously at me.

I was a bit afraid of my mate in that moment I cant lie. But we held the fort up alright, and the children was hella fun to play with. We even brought them out in the garden, where we shiftet to our wolf form and playd around on the grass.

Or well the children played around me, I was terrified of stepping on one so I just laid down and let them have their fun.

The sun was getting lower and we must have playd for hours until Jack appeared at the door.  And one by one the children gott picked up by their parents, leaving the house strangely silent. Shifting I went inside to the kitchen, where Jack stood preparing an early dinner.  “Hey” he greeted me friendly “Im just making some simple dinner, Link told me he hadn't eaten since breackfast, other than childrens snacks, and I guess you haven't either?”

I nod my head while clenching my teeth, why couldn't he take better care for himself, but who was I to blame, I hadn't eat since breackfast neither.

I hear Link by the front door, talking small talk with the last toddlers mom, and I sigh hearing him chuckle. “He really likes it here” I say more to myself but Jack answeres me steady on.

“Yes we usually do drift more towords children, it just in the genes” he smiles stirring in a big pot that smells delicious.

“We?” I ask tentative.

He meets my gaze and I feel his whole body tensing up. “Um yeah, We, us, wolves in general” Oh... right.

I hear a couple of footsteps walking up, and their strong voices booming through the hallway.  I picked up my mates voice and Greggs easily, the other seemed a bit foreign to me, but by the dominant aura he prodjected I guessed it was the cocky alpha to be.

And I was right as I was soon face to face with Dereck, he steered me down, or should I say up. His scrawny frame did nothing to trigger my alpha senses and I know the 14year old boy has a long way before he reaches his full potential.

“Max” the alpha child greets me with a hug “Holy shit your big!” he grinned from ear to ear.

“Dereck, nice to see you again” I smilled back at the wolf.

“What brings you here?” even tho he was very much a kid, he had been raised to alpha formalities and it shoved in his stance as well as in his speech.

“Oh im just taking a day of with my m....beta” now im tensing up, but hoping they didn't notice my slight discomfort. I see Jack throwing Link a side glance, and did Link just shake his head?

“Yeah, we are so thankful for Link stopping by from time to time, helping out. Its been a while since ive seen you Link.” Dereck turned towards Link.

“Yes, i've been.... uhm....bussy” he looks up at me biting his cheek.

“Jupp” I say, trying to somehow correct my mistake “We had much to do lately, but things are finally stabilizing and I think you will see more off him from now on.”

Well that earned me a small smile from Link. Thank God i'm doing something right.

We stayd for dinner, which was nice. Although I could do whitout the young alphas continuing hassle about my up scaling in size, apparently he thought I had some sort of secret and he tried multiple times to make me tell it to him.

To be honest I didn't feel that much different, yes some doors feel particulary small lately, and I do feel and immense power surge right below my skin, but other than that I feel just like I had three months ago. I didn't really know what had changed to make my alpha power grow, I mean what exactly happened three months ago?