Chapter 1 - Link

Pov-Link

Pink, congratulations you're a pink.

It stood out in big bold letters, black on white, I mean the page was literally screaming it at me.

I grabbed letter and envelope with my name on it and threw it so hard against the wall that the pink pin bounced back and rolled on to my feet.

This could not be happening, there must have been a mistake, yes that's it, its just a mistake. I was on my phone before I could think too much about it an dialed the number to the test clinic.

“You have made a mistake” my first words to the desk lady where harsh but I needed to fix this fast.

“Ahm.. okay... I will try my best to help you sir, can you tell me more about the problem?”

You have ruined my life where on the tip of my tongue but I wheeled in my frustration and tried my utmost to contain the beast whitin. “There has been a mistake with my pin, i've got the wrong color.”

“Oh.. well let me just double check sir.” The lady's voice felt rehearsed. She must get calls like this all the time, maybe it was a glitch in their system. I could hear her fingers typing away on the keyboard. “Your name and pack resident sir” 

“Link Rain, Storm pack” My hands were shaking as I concentrate hard to keep myself at bay before I could do something bad as smash the phone before I had a chance to fix this.

Some more typing where heard through the other end and a slightly too cheerful tone bit me back in the ear. “Oh... congratulations sir your a pink!... did we give you a black pin by mistake, sir I am so sorry....”

“NO” I growled and I could here her surprisement. “There's been a mistake I need the black one” I whispered harshly into the phone, trying not to scream too loud in my small room. Not needing a big scene, I just needed the black pin. “Im not a pink” I grunted through clenched teeth.

There was a long pause before the lady answered back again. “Im sorry sir the test came back positiv, there are no mistake.”

“Could you just send me a black one.” I got up from my bed, paced to the door and making sure it was shut all the way, before pacing back again.

“I cant, its against regulations” and I could hear her breathe heavily into the phone.

“You dont understand I need a black one, please” I swallowed hard “Im the beta” I merely whispered out not to sure if she could hear me. But the short intake of air in surprise from the other side told me she had.

“Im sorry I cant, but” She paused a brief second and when she spoke again her voice felt closer and lower. “The only color confirmation every pack receive is in each personal letter, no one knows until your right time comes to tell everyone.” Her voice coated with sickening sympathy feelings. And I itched to hurt someone. Im not fucking soft, Im not a fucking pink and I sure as hell wasn't a bottom!

Anger screamed inside me and I pushed the end button on my phone and threw it on the bed before I broke it in half. Bitch fucking bitch! Now I know why I prefer men because girls are the worst people ever! I knew I was taking my frustration onto her and I knew she didn't deserve what was probably yet again another complaining customer at the clinic she just worked at. And im glad I ended the call instead of thrusting my insults right at her, but im just so angry I wanted to scream. Why couldn't she just send me a black one.

Grabbing the letter I tore it in bits over and over again, fuming, making it unrecognizable and impossible to read I threw the pieces in the trash can and on to the main event, the devil itself, the pink pin. Trying to break it, snap it in two to no avail – the bugger didn't crack so easily. What was in this fucker? pink steel? even biting it had little to no effect on this sucker. Groaning I open the bedside drawer and tossed it in.