The Only Ones: Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

Rose's POV

I looked into the bright hazel eyes penetrating the darkness of my overflowing closet and my heart swelled with a feeling like nothing I had never experienced before. I had no prior knowledge, but the sensation was what I imagined finding your mate was like.

At that thought a quote that I saw yesterday on the internet came to mind; “According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with 4 arms, 4 legs, & had 2 faces. Fearing their power Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives searching for their other half”- Unknown

Even though all I had seen was his stormy eyes I knew I had found my other half. I looked at Faye, who already had her brown eyes trained on me, and smiled the biggest I had in my entire life, knowing I looked like a lunatic. Somehow she knew exactly what had happened and she sent me an uncertain half smile which caused me to become curious as to the reason she was nervous.

Then it hit me. My other half was also my enemy. Yes you guessed it, he was a Fae, but at the moment it really didn’t matter to me.

Being the calm and collected leader she was, she grabbed the collar of his black tee shirt and dragged him over to my rolley chair and threw him down into it. She got in his face and asked calmly “What is your name?”

He snarled in response “If you really want to know, get out of my face

She stood erect, showing no signs of fear and repeated “Name?” He relaxed into the chair and crossed his arms saying with a smirk “My name is Ace”

For the first time he looked me in the eyes and cocked his head a bit to the side. Ace turned back to Faye and demanded “Now that you guys know my name I need to know yours”

Faye studied him and I could tell that she was trying to accept the fact that he wasn’t going anywhere soon. She said in a slightly friendlier tone “My name is Faye” then they both turned to me expectantly and I uttered out breathlessly “M-my name is Rose”

Faye let out a small snicker at my speechlessness I would use the fact that she was the same way around Jayy against her but….. Oh, what the Hell “You have no right to laugh at me, you’re the same way around Jayy, and you know it” At my comment her head snapped up in my direction and she looked at me with an alarmed expression. Just as she did this Ace asked “Who is Jayy?” She grimaced at me as if saying ‘We’ll talk about this later’ I was once again confused by her mood.

She said to Ace “Jayy is my soul mate and Rose-“ I cut her off waving her out of the room so I could talk to Ace alone.

Once Faye had left the room with a small wink in my direction I started pacing anxiously, feeling Ace’s gaze on me the entire time. Finally I couldn’t take it anymore, so I was in front of Ace so fast that he had to blink profusely to regain focus on my face. When he stopped blinking I whispered nervously “Can you feel it?” He nodded the tiniest amount with a small astonished grin causing my face to erupt in a brilliant smile.

Then he added on a game-changing comment “But I don’t know if I accept it yet” Suddenly my face crashed down and I stepped away from him as he eyed me, as if he was worried that he had hurt my feelings.

I said with sudden determination “Well you’re going to learn to accept it” with that I leaned down, kissed him on the cheek, ran out of the room, and locked the door behind me.

Faye was rubbing off on me big time. I smiled because, for once in my life, I felt like I wasn’t helpless.

Dahvie startled me out of my reverie by jumping in front of me with a cheesy grin and exclaiming cheekily “You go girl!” At his comment I burst out laughing at his sheer childishness.

I guess I was laughing really loudly because after a few seconds Kelly was hiding behind Dahvie and watching me in amusement. After a little more time Faye was there to, dragging Jayy alongside her.

I was laughing so hard that I started crying, and then I stopped laughing altogether because it felt good to just let the tears flow down my cheeks.  From the corner of my eye I saw Faye grab Dahvie’s arm and whisper something in his ear then Dahvie grab Kelly’s arm and left the room. She then turned to Jayy, ran her hand through her dyed-blonde hair, and said something that sounded like ‘go explain to them what I told you’

Then she crouched down and somehow managed to scoop me into her small arms and carry me into a side room that we never used and set me down lightly on a cushy brown couch.

Once I had calmed down somewhat I saw that Faye was pacing at a faster-than-human speed around the confined area. Her eyes were darting around the enclosed space as if the room was under her surveillance and she was breathing in small shallow pants.

With a sudden gust of air she was sitting next to me on the couch, tapping her foot rapidly on the stained carpet. She flipped her head to me and said tersely with a slight waver “Why would you tell him about Jayy? You know that I can’t trust him yet and you know that a Fae could beat the crap out of Jayy’s skinny *ss and you know what would happen to me if Jayy was seriously hurt and you know what I would do to Ace if he hurt Jayy. So basically you just put Jayy and Ace in danger by telling Ace that Jayy existed. I know I was going to have to tell Ace about Jayy sometime but I planning on doing that after I got more relaxed with him.”

She stopped her rant to take a deep breath and control her nerves. I said in a small, frightened voice “I’m so sorry Faye” because, honestly, she was scary when she got defensive.

She looked back at me with quivering lips “What is he hurts Jayy? What would I do?”

I looked at her helplessly, shrugged my shoulders lightly, and said “I really don’t want to know”

When I finished talking Faye was on her feet again and holding her hand out to me. When I just stared at her blankly at her hand she shook it in from of my face and said “C’mon lets go make sure Ace will never hurt you or anyone else” I looked up and met her dark eyes shining with resolve

I grabbed her hand and she pulled me up before quickly letting go of my hand to open the fake oak door and immediately dart out of sight

================================================================================

Sorry that took so long, I was too busy talking to @FallenAngelx_x to write XD

Na, but you guys should check him out (you're welcome Fang)

There is a picture of Ace played by Gerard Way to the side... Enjoy!

VOMMENT!