𝙎𝙄𝙓 {𝙄 𝘼𝙈 𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙔 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙁𝙐𝙎𝙀𝘿 }

Start from the beginning

15 missed calls from dad <3

1 missed call from rafe

5 missed calls from topper

"What's wrong?" Kiara asks me curiously.

"Looks like you're a wanted girl, Blake" JJ teases in amusement.

"I should text my family and let them know I'm okay. I'll be right back" I speak up.

"Take your time" John B smiles at me.

I smile back and head inside the chateau, searching for the bathroom which I find pretty easily. Sitting down on the closed toilet lid, I text everyone back before pulling my texts with Sarah up.

sleeping beauty
tink, where are you?
rafe just told me you've left
i think you should come back, you're pretty drunk
allison?
alli, i'm worried about you
please let me know you're okay
allison, what is going on?
your brother and parents are worried sick
i asked rafe to call you but he said you didn't pick up for him either
tink, please answer your phone!

me
hi, i'm so sorry for worrying you but i'm okay! i'll be home later x

"My dad. My dad's office" I hear John B declare and I exit the bathroom to see him rush past me.

Kiara grabs my hand and tugs me along as the Pogues all follow John B through the house.

"He always kept the office locked because he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research. We used to laugh at him all the time about it like he was gonna find it. But now that he's gone, I've just kinda..." John B drawls off as he pulls out his keys to unlock the door.

"I just left it as he kept it" The boy finishes.

"Yeah, for when he gets back" Kiara says.

"Yeah" John B sighs as he opens the door and Kiara shoots daggers at the other two boys.

"I've slept over here like 600 times, and i've never seen this door open" Pope states as we enter the room.

"Here, look. This is the original owner, right here" John B states laying down a board with pictures and names pinned on it.

"Okay. Robert Q. Routledge. 1880 to 1920. There's the lucky compass right there" Kiara speaks, pointing at the compass in the man's hand.

"Actually, um...he was shot after he bought it" John B says awkwardly and I raise a brow at the boy.

"Then the compass was shipped back to Henry. He was killed in a crop-dusting accident when he had the compass. After he died, the compass was given to Stephen. Stephen had the compass with him when he died in Vietnam" John B explains.

"Let me guess, he died in action, right?" JJ asks.

"Sort of. Uh, actually, he was killed by a banana truck. In- In country" John B corrects.

"Anyways, after that, Stephen passed the compass down to him, my dad" John B finishes, pointing at a picture of his dad and himself when he was a child.